Chapman MFA in Television Writing and Producing Applicants 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Tuesday at about 1am I received waitlist notification via email. I’m kindof surprised because they didn’t interview me…
congrats ! I got waitlisted as well but for the directing program and I wasn't interviewed. I feel like Dodge only put a very small percentage of applicants on waitlist. They typically just either accept or decline. Fingers crossed for the best.

mel_val

Supporter+
On Tuesday at about 1am I received waitlist notification via email. I’m kindof surprised because they didn’t interview me…
I wasn't invited to interview either but at noon on 03/15 I refreshed my portal and saw my application status was updated with my waitlist offer letter. I didn't receive an email notification email though, so I will probably have to verify with the school that the correct email is in their system.

And I really hope that there waitlist group is small for Producing lol

BottleCityJay

Supporter
Has anyone received their official letter from Dodge? Curious about scholarships. I got my email to set up the Chapman portal but no info on there.
I haven't gotten an official letter from Dodge but I got an email that said scholarships/fellowships notifications will be sent out within 2 days of acceptance letters

xanqu

Hi all I got admitted into the Producing program and I am extremely conflicted because of the price tag. What are y’all’s thoughts on taking out massive loans for this? Worth it in the end? I love everything about the courses and facilities and such but it’s so daunting.

BottleCityJay

Supporter
Hi all I got admitted into the Producing program and I am extremely conflicted because of the price tag. What are y’all’s thoughts on taking out massive loans for this? Worth it in the end? I love everything about the courses and facilities and such but it’s so daunting.
I'm pretty conflicted too, Chapman is the most expensive of the three schools I applied to and the only one that didn't offer any scholarship/fellowship. I was really excited about Chapman when I applied but I think the reality of the financial commitment has made me more excited about other programs.

bzgwl23

Just want to ask how many of you will attend the film/tv producing program?Does anyone know how many students does chapman admit every year?Hoping to get off the waitlist😞😞😞😞

I have declined my acceptance as well. Very tough decision but it came down to location for me! I hope this helps people on the waitlist! Chapman is an incredible school and the TWP program is excellent! Whoever attends will have an incredible experience I'm sure :)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
FYI there's now an AMA from a Chapman TWP grad:

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Log Your Application…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest posts

Latest Applications

Latest Film School Reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    Best Experience
    One of the best experiences with incredible teachers and people. I learned much more than I expected, the program is very complete. When I...
    • tatiana
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    A personalised learning experience for any film enthusiast
    What an incredible opportunity to meet such talented people and learn from them! I had enquired about Production Design summer courses and...
    • beafrant
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    2.00 star(s)
    Good Education. Poor Everything Else
    World class education received at NYU Tisch, with some remarkable faculty (those who care to teach are extremely helpful). Lots of bureaucratic...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    NYU Tisch Graduate Film Program
    The graduate film program at NYU changed my life. I keep up with most of my classmates and a lot of my professors. I still work with a lot of my...
    • Anonymous
  • American University - School of Communication (B.A.)
    2.00 star(s)
    DON"T GO
    Simply put, the film program in AU is a joke. Most faculties and student have no taste for film. You will not get enough training in any aspect of...
    • Anonymous

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications