Has anyone on here received a rejection? I still haven’t heard anything.

So. I assumed a rejection as I hadn't heard a peep and there had been no updates on my application. I got into 3 of the 4 schools I applied to and have committed to USC BUT I got an interview request Wednesday night for the TV and producing program, completely out of left field. So, I'm hopping on the phone with them this afternoon. May as well, right?

I interviewed on Friday at 2PM EST and had an admission letter in my portal by 8PM. I haven't gotten and "official" email yet, but have gotten the standard welcome emails from overall LMU.

I had *just* chosen between USC and AFI (committed to USC), but LMU does offer a certain pull. I want to eventually be a showrunner, and there's a lot about LMU that I like. So its back to Sophie's Choice over here.

I had *just* chosen between USC and AFI (committed to USC), but LMU does offer a certain pull. I want to eventually be a showrunner, and there's a lot about LMU that I like.
What in particular about LMU offers this pull in regards to your showrunner aspirations? Does their program appear to offer a more robust set of opportunities in writing specifically for television?

(I'm trying to choose between LMU and a few other schools as well so curious to hear more thoughts about their program.)

What in particular about LMU offers this pull in regards to your showrunner aspirations? Does their program appear to offer a more robust set of opportunities in writing specifically for television?

(I'm trying to choose between LMU and a few other schools as well so curious to hear more thoughts about their program.)

For me, the pull of LMU is that their program includes production and business classes. I wondered why it was three years over two and the explanation was sound - year one is theory, years 2 and 3 are writing and re-writing, and then you end the program by producing a pilot or trailer for your project. There's even a class on budgeting productions.

I also like that LMU pairs you with an industry mentor for a year post program.

So I'm struggling between the reputation of USC and the curriculum of LMU.

Honestly, if one of the two came at me with a scholarship, that would make this a lot easier, lol.

You guys may find this article interesting if you haven't seen it yet:

Film School during COVID-19

Film School during COVID-19

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this uncertain time. This article today is going to be a little different from the norm! Chris had the wonderful idea of writing up a little something about how different film schools are handling the COVID-19. I jumped on board immediately...

Any word on whether or not classes might be moved online for the Fall quarter?

I committed to LMU (but still technically also committed to USC - my LMU interview and acceptance came at the end of April). Just got an email from registration that basically said "a minor hiccup" caused them to put registration holds on our accounts until June.

Not sure what's going on. The waiting/wondering what the fall looks like is tough and part of the reason I've remained committed to USC as well - I've got to quit a full-time job, move across the country... This girl is a planner and not being able to plan is driving me crazy.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back