NFTS - MA Directing Fiction - 2022 entry

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

Emily Laura NFTS

School Representative
Hi everyone! It's Emily at the NFTS here. Just to let you all know that if you haven't heard back from us yet, please hold on. I can assure you that you will be contacted in the coming weeks by the Registry department. The SIFT process can take a number of weeks. Thanks for your patience, and good luck with your applications!

Umie13

Hi everyone! It's Emily at the NFTS here. Just to let you all know that if you haven't heard back from us yet, please hold on. I can assure you that you will be contacted in the coming weeks by the Registry department. The SIFT process can take a number of weeks. Thanks for your patience, and good luck with your applications!
Thank you Emily!

maxitos8820

So, I just did some general math. Last year, the submission date for Directing Fiction was May 26th. I got rejected with no interview July 27th.

Since this year the submission date was May 6th, and we're getting closer and closer to July 7th, we should be hearing back soon from the NFTS regarding interviews... or not? Who knows haha

ShaHe

Supporter+
So, I just did some general math. Last year, the submission date for Directing Fiction was May 26th. I got rejected with no interview July 27th.

Since this year the submission date was May 6th, and we're getting closer and closer to July 7th, we should be hearing back soon from the NFTS regarding interviews... or not? Who knows haha
lol just forget an important part that there would be more applications than last year, so maybe it takes much more time to process.

leatrice

Hi both,
I applied for the Screenwriting MA, thought I'd chime in here as there isn't a general thread for 2022 applications yet. I applied for NFTS and the Northern Film School. I've already been accepted to the Northern Film School (they gave me an offer on the spot during my interview which blew me away) so I'm happy either way really.

Fingers crossed we'll hear back in the next month or so, I applied all the way back in Feb so it's been a long wait already!
Also applied for screenwriting, but congrats on the admission to Northern Film School! Also just waiting patiently for some update!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Only a fool would miss this opportunity
    No filmmaker is so great that Carl Haber cannot help them improve and explore the full extent of their potential. I have had the pleasure to take...
    • Alexmaxwitek
  • Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    Not Worth Your Time
    Illustrating everything that is wrong with this school would take over an hour, and I have neither the time nor patience for that. To avoid being...
    • Anonymous
  • Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications