Reapplication to USC Film Production for Spring 2012

saintman

If I decide to re-submit my application, i.e., submit new materials then I believe I would have to pay the requisite admission fee. However, can I reuse the already submitted (from Spring) recommendations or I have to ask the recommenders to do that again?

nuNRG

Fall 2011 reject / Spring 2012 hopeful here, figured we should get the ball rolling on this excruciating wait. I read somewhere on this site that we'll find out around November. Well November can't come soon enough!

Aglick

@nunrg
I talked with admissions a while back and they said we'd be notified by Nov. 1st at the latest. Hopefully it'll get done earlier though like what happened for fall admissions. My app status has already changed from "first stage" which took forever for it to do the last round, so hopefully they're making good time. I agree though, about the wait. I've been checking my status and this forum constantly.

Dimos

I just phoned today and they said we would get results in November... Its disappointing cause when I phoned in August and early Septemebr they kept saying 2-2.5 month turn around/October.. Want to find out already!

TDub

I called admissions last week and was told that interviews will not be held and notifications will take place in November.

nuNRG

Yesterday I got an acceptance email from USC followed by a big packet in the mail. My application status is still Submitted and I can log into Camel. So decisions are definitely floating around despite what they say. I'm sure it varies depending on the person reviewing your app.

Good luck everybody, though I don't think you'll need any luck.

Dimos

Just got rejection letter via email... I'm an international student (Canada) so not sure if thats why I got it early or via email.

This is 3rd rejection from USC unfortunately... I think its time to throw in the towel for the top tier schools. Thinking of settling for NYFA or VFS.. Or try to intern/PA out there.

Congratulations for those who got in!

saintman

Just got my rejection letter. With the letter they have enclosed a document which states that I can re-apply for the next term without submitting any new documents. Can anyone confirm this procedure, does everybody who applies get a similar letter.

Congratulations to those who have got through!

thanks

Dimos

I also got the same re-application letter. It said on Oct 28th we'll be emailed with instructions... Not sure if there's a point. There's a lot more submissions for the fall term, and if it didn't work last time probably best to submit a new application

Aglick

Congrats nuNRG! That's awesome. Was this your 2nd time applying? I'm hoping they get back to more than three applicants quickly. Just knowing that the decisions are going out is giving me ulcers. Anyone else hear anything yet?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews