USC School of Cinematic Arts SCA MFA Film & TV Production Fall 2020

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
While everyone is waiting for more info PLEASE take a moment to review the program on our site as an APPLICANT: (it can be anonymous)

List your pros and cons and why you applied to this program. If you can, please also review all of the other programs that you applied to on the site. It will help others A TON. :)

You also assign start ratings to:
  • Alumni
  • Campus
  • Career Assistance
  • Equipment
  • Coursework
  • Professors
  • Financial Aid & Scholarships
You can review a film school as an:
  • Alumni
  • Current Student
  • Admitted Applicant
  • Current Applicant
  • Rejected Applicant
  • Official Tour
  • Unofficial Tour
  • Interview
Thank you! It'll be a HUGE help to the site and fellow applicants. :)

Last edited:

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
To prep for your interview:

:) Hope you enjoy the new article.

truffleshuffle

Starting to get multiple views from slideroom on my video submission, so I guess the process is creaking off to a start now that finals are over!

Disclaimer: I don’t have Vimeo Pro so I don’t know if these views are from LA or NY.

truffleshuffle

USC started viewing my video submission today for the first time. Got a bunch of page loads from Slideroom out of Los Angeles. Anyone else seeing video views from LA yet? :D

addik

Supporting Member+
Sadly, I had the brilliant idea of uploading my videos to a Google Drive (or I might have been able to upload directly to Slideroom itself) so I won't be able to see any views haha. I'm not sure if it's a good idea!

At least it looks like they're moving along the admissions process. I guess we'll get the first rounds of interviews in a few weeks then?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

addik

Supporting Member+
Oof that's a bit earlier than I initially thought but I guess nothing's better to start the new decade with some good 'ol anxiety lol.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Oof that's a bit earlier than I initially thought but I guess nothing's better to start the new decade with some good 'ol anxiety lol.
Although looking at the data that one was a good 12 days before the next one.

sa96

Mine is uploaded to YouTube and it isn’t showing any new views so they either haven’t watched it or slideroom views don’t show up on YouTube. Does anyone have experience with this?

At around 7 pm tonight (last night, technically), I got an interview request from Mark Harris! He says it can be done over Skype or telephone - I gave him my availability for the next week. Fingers crossed!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

truffleshuffle

On Friday, Jan. 3rd, I got an email just before 5pm PST to set up an interview by phone. We agreed on Monday, Jan. 6th, late morning. I am a domestic student. He said it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. The email makes it clear that this interview request is by no means an offer of admission nor an indication that my application is under any special consideration. I'll let you know how it goes!

ljuliette

On Friday, Jan. 3rd, I got an email just before 5pm PST to set up an interview by phone. We agreed on Monday, Jan. 6th, late morning. I am a domestic student. He said it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. The email makes it clear that this interview request is by no means an offer of admission nor an indication that my application is under any special consideration. I'll let you know how it goes!
Congratulations! May I ask you how many views you got on your video submission?

ljuliette

Thanks. I got about 15 "Impressions" and 1 "View" from Slideroom coming out of Los Angeles on Jan. 2-3. I think that means the video page was loaded 15 times but played only once. Vimeo-speak. I don't know it. Lol
I also received 1 view on Dec 22 but haven't heard anything, so was kind of panicking.
Anyways thanks for the info.
Wish you the best luck on the interview!!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Awesome! Be sure to update your Applications with your interview notification dates. :)

EDIT - To do this, go to your application and choose edit in bottom left or from the top right three dot pulldown menu. Enter the notification date and be sure to select "post as update" when saving.

Last edited:

truffleshuffle

I also received 1 view on Dec 22 but haven't heard anything, so was kind of panicking.
Anyways thanks for the info.
Wish you the best luck on the interview!!
There is absolutely no reason to worry. From what I've been reading, people get accepted with and without interviews. It just comes down to the preference and timing of whichever faculty member your application got assigned to.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• American University - School of Communication (B.A.)
    1.00 star(s)
    Very Unhappy with the Film Program
    I apologize for the very long post, but I have a lot of things to say about the Film and Media Arts department at AU. I am EXTREMELY unhappy...
    • Anonymous
  • LMU - Film & Television Production (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent choice for a well-rounded film education experience
    LMU's Film and Television Production MFA program is a great choice for students who want a well-rounded film education. You are able to make both...
    • A248
  • USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous
    1.00 star(s)
    Hollywood Trash
    Overall, this school is what 'quantity over quality' means. The network they brag about is absolutely not as they market. The filmmakers who come...
    • soybean
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous