UT Austin MFA 2019

Congrats! Im in the screenwriting mfa, not michener, but I'm happy to chat about austin if you like. I hope you come, I'm always excited at the prospect of more black people!

Wow thanks! I'm super tired, so blanking on questions right now. But I will shoot you a message in the next couple of days. I'm definitely curious about some things!

I have a feeling the rest will hear back this weekend or next week. Even though there's not a ton of information in the docs, it looks like screenwriting and production hear back around the same time, maybe even the same day and michener is usually a week ahead or behind them. :)

Maybe one more day maybe not lol. This program is the Megatron of the film school world

i'm going to find a hole somewhere and fall in it. Somebody let me know when they hear something
Just Curious, and want some opinions but what reasons do you think that this program is the "Megatron" of film schools? Im looking into film schools and would love to hear your position.
What does this school have to offer that others don't?

Hi All! I’m new to the forum! I have two questions. The first might be of general interest to all UT Austin applicants. I noticed on the Grad Cafe site that there was a UT Austin RTF MFA acceptance (it did not specify the program) earlier in the week and a UT Austin RTF Screenwriting MFA acceptance today. Do you think these are legitimate? I haven’t heard anything yet either.

The second question is for WriterK90 specifically. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your Michener acceptance. That is amazing!!!!!!!!! I noticed you said that they’d be accepting two screenwriters this year. Do you have any idea if all the acceptances have gone out? I was waitlisted last year, so seeing that made me a tiny bit hopeful...but I haven’t heard anything yet and I know it’s incredibly competitive, so I’m thinking it’s either the waitlist again or a rejection for me. Thanks so much, and good luck to all!!

Also, apparently UT Austin has this two step process where the programs accept you but the graduate admissions has to approve for it to be official? Even in my award letter it said "Congratulations! I’m thrilled to report that we have recommended your admission ... Graduate Admissions will soon verify your application and send a formal confirmation letter."

So I've just been holding my breath waiting for that confirmation, so this really feels real. I read a post back in 2015 when someone was accepted, then wasn't, and it's really getting to me after waiting a week. Maybe the admissions will approve all of ours at once and that's why mine is taking so long. ?‍♀️

Hi All! I’m new to the forum! I have two questions. The first might be of general interest to all UT Austin applicants. I noticed on the Grad Cafe site that there was a UT Austin RTF MFA acceptance (it did not specify the program) earlier in the week and a UT Austin RTF Screenwriting MFA acceptance today. Do you think these are legitimate? I haven’t heard anything yet either.

The second question is for WriterK90 specifically. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your Michener acceptance. That is amazing!!!!!!!!! I noticed you said that they’d be accepting two screenwriters this year. Do you have any idea if all the acceptances have gone out? I was waitlisted last year, so seeing that made me a tiny bit hopeful...but I haven’t heard anything yet and I know it’s incredibly competitive, so I’m thinking it’s either the waitlist again or a rejection for me. Thanks so much, and good luck to all!!

I'm not sure if the other person was called but he did specifically say there are only two for the Michener center. And thank you!
There are not many screenwriters here for Austin. I think two besides me so it could be real. I don't think they send out rejections until later so we won't know unless someone is accepted here as well.

And good luck to you too!

Thank you so much!! I think the one I saw on Grad Cafe was for the Radio-Television-Film program, but I wondered if maybe someone made a mistake when entering the info and it was actually a Michener acceptance. Anyway, to clarify for others, I applied to both and am still waiting to hear from both.

It's probably real. My prof is the screenwriting head and she said in class that she made the first round notifications already. If that helps at all.

Michener replied early this year, last year, we didn't hear back until March and they only accepted one screenwriter.
If does! Thank you!!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back