2016 Interviews- Acceptances- Rejections

Been off the forums for a few days now and seems like much good news in the air. Congrats to all accepted and for those still waiting, stay tough!

@peace. Yeah - things indeed got more compicated! And now comes the tough part - figuring out finances. Columbia's letter was very detailed. As for USC, I am still completely in the dark on the tuition costs. No fellowships for me I guess, since I've heard nothing on that front. Which is a bummer.

Sigh... Waitlisted at Columbia. I guess there is still a tiny bit of hope left. What are my chances though? any idea? Quite a few students do get admission from the waitlist if I am not mistaken?

Just got rejected from Columbia. Might as well be a flat out rejection since being an international the Wait List would be no good for me (financial and immigration stuff does not wait for anyone)... so yeah.

Anybody who got accepted to Feirstein? I've been accepted to Directing MFA for the fall 2016. If you're also going to Feirstein this fall, get in touch with me.

Congrats to everyone btw!

Hei,
It would be great if people who are attending somewhere decline their other choices soon.
This will create opportunity for people who are on wait-list (official or not) and it will give a more clear picture to schools that have not announced their accepted fellows.
You can help your friends by this act and also you will speed up everything.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hei,
It would be great if people who are attending somewhere decline their other choices soon.
This will create opportunity for people who are on wait-list (official or not) and it will give a more clear picture to schools that have not announced their accepted fellows.
You can help your friends by this act and also you will speed up everything.
Thanks
Thanks for this post. Got me to formally accept and decline my admission offers. Good luck to everyone on WLs!

Hi! I got waitlisted too! Not sure if that's the place I'd want to go to though. Did you get a reply back when you emailed confirming you want to be on the waitlist? I didn't and am just paranoid about whether or not they received my email, but I'm probably just psyching myself out haha

Hey Indigo! Good to know there's someone else on the waitlist so we can support each other :)! It's good that you have other options though, NYU is my only option so the waiting game is even harder...!
I got a response from Joe just yesterday saying they received my email and thanking me for staying in the list. Last year people started hearing around the first week of May, so I guess we should sit tight for at least one month...

Best of luck! Hope you get good news from the rest of schools!

Hey AFI people- this is it! It's hard to be the last group to hear back because your life is in limbo, but regardless...this is what we worked for, created for and chose. I am an AFI all or nothing candidate. Monday seems like an eternity away...but it's just around the corner. Everybody try to enjoy your weekend. I look forward to seeing how it all shakes out.

I have been rejected by different film schools AFI, Iowa university, University of Taxes Austin and UWM.

Cale State - LA and RIT accepted me.

I'm waiting for SCAD, Champan and Syracuse university.

I have been rejected by different film schools AFI, Iowa university, University of Taxes Austin and UWM.

Cale State - LA and RIT accepted me.

I'm waiting for SCAD, Champan and Syracuse university.
Congrats on those that you got in and I am sorry for the rejected ones.
But AFI has not announced anything I guess!
Which program were you rejected from ?

Hey AFI people- this is it! It's hard to be the last group to hear back because your life is in limbo, but regardless...this is what we worked for, created for and chose. I am an AFI all or nothing candidate. Monday seems like an eternity away...but it's just around the corner. Everybody try to enjoy your weekend. I look forward to seeing how it all shakes out.

Good luck, Mis! I'm rooting for you to get in.

Good luck, Mis! I'm rooting for you to get in.
Thanks @Solomon_E - Did you hear back yet from Northwestern?

I feel like if it doesn't happen to you this year than maybe that's life telling you to give AFI a shot. I may be singing a different song if I don't get in but...until then I will remain a pillar of optimism. If i do get in- I'll update the spreadsheet. If you need help working on your packet for AFI 2017- maybe I can answer some questions for you. You let me know. I'm not the average candidate but I felt like AFI really leveled the playing field taking away grade point minimums from the equation. Grades and undergrad majors seem to have very little impact on their interest in me.

Thanks @Solomon_E - Did you hear back yet from Northwestern?

I feel like if it doesn't happen to you this year than maybe that's life telling you to give AFI a shot. I may be singing a different song if I don't get in but...until then I will remain a pillar of optimism. If i do get in- I'll update the spreadsheet. If you need help working on your packet for AFI 2017- maybe I can answer some questions for you. You let me know. I'm not the average candidate but I felt like AFI really leveled the playing field taking away grade point minimums from the equation. Grades and undergrad majors seem to have very little impact on their interest in me.

Thanks, Mis. I greatly appreciate the offer of assistance with working on the AFI 2017 packet, especially since I'm probably not the average candidate either. It definitely helps to know someone who has been in that position. I haven't heard from Northwestern yet and I'm very interested in applying to AFI if Northwestern doesn't work out.

It's interesting that you mentioned "I feel like if it doesn't happen to you this year than maybe that's life telling you to give AFI a shot." I've thought the same thing and have been trying to keep that idea in mind, although I really like Northwestern and hope I get offered a spot with them.

I'm also an AFI (directing) all-or-nothing applicant, and I applied right on the dead line. I haven't applied for school in a loooong time (I'm 37). But, I've been working on film sets, and the art world for the last 15 years. Waiting for an AFI rejection letter has been excruciating. At this point I want to just be put out of my misery.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories and experiences.

Hey! I was just checking the Spreadsheet and it seems like someone just deleted all the info from several schools (like NYU). What's going on? Is there a way to recover that valuable info? (@Chris Wright )

Thanks!

Hey! I was just checking the Spreadsheet and it seems like someone just deleted all the info from several schools (like NYU). What's going on? Is there a way to recover that valuable info? (@Chris Wright )

Thanks!
Someone had applied a filter - I just re-set it to show all the schools. Everything is still there!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back