Consultant for Film School Applications

Hello Applicants!
I offer application consulting services for a very small fee. When I applied for Film School I was desperate to talk to people from the "inside" and ask for advice. I'm happy to help you get a better idea of where you are standing! I

-read personal essays and written submissions for grammar and content,
-watch your visual submissions and can give you feedback
- will give you an idea what "type" of filmmakers we have in our program,

Outside of that: I'm happy to help and answer your general questions that you might have about the admission's process etc.

Just hit me up with a PM and maybe I can help you out! Of course there are no guarantees in life, but a couple of more eyes usually see more than two!

Good luck to you all!

I really respect you for your willingness to help all the prospective students. I myself got rejected to every single school I applied to last year and have zero contacts--so I highly respect you for making it in to the top programs. However, isn't the purpose of this website to give and receive advice for free? I thought the tradition is for prospectives to receive help and, if they become successful (or if they learned something from their failures), offer help and advice to future hopefuls.

I'm not a moderator or anyone important, but I just want to call you out because I don't want anyone else following suit with your idea--to charge a fee for advice on a website that is supposed to even the playing field for people like me who can't afford to pay for advice or have friends who are in the "inside."

I completely think your idea is a legitimate one, but this website doesn't seem like the appropriate place to do it--although I'm no moderator, so forgive me.

It takes time to review personal essays/written samples/watch visual submissions. It goes beyond general advice that can be given on an online forum. Consultants usually charge hundreds of dollars for services like that. NYU has nothing to do with Wall Street or with this. It is a very liberal and independent school that welcomes a diversity of people from different backgrounds.

JKL, if you have general questions about the program I'm happy to help. Good luck to you all!

At least one third of the students are international, it's hard to track down exact facts about nationality, because many students in the program have very diverse national/ethnic backgrounds. Germans, Israelis, sunnits and shi'it Muslim people share class rooms and are part of one film community. The sense for community is a very essential ingredient for the program. You depend on each other to make your movies. In fact you will have to work with people very different from your own upbringing and background, which makes the Film School experience so rich and challenging. You have to work with people who you might not always become friends with. You learn a lot about your own values and will experience a huge personal growth which will essentially make you a better artist.

Hello Applicants!
I offer application consulting services for a very small fee. When I applied for Film School I was desperate to talk to people from the "inside" and ask for advice. I'm happy to help you get a better idea of where you are standing! I

Outside of that: I'm happy to help and answer your general questions that you might have about the admission's process etc.

Just hit me up with a PM and maybe I can help you out! Of course there are no guarantees in life, but a couple of more eyes usually see more than two!

Good luck to you all!
Hey! How can we connect?

Hello Applicants!

Good luck to you all!

It doesn't seem like this person is on the site anymore.

However, we may in the future be adding some sort of service like this on the site in the future. Just figuring some things out on how it would work and if I can find enough people to help out with it.

In the meantime you can post questions or get feedback in this forum:

Hello Applicants!

Good luck to you all!

Hi there! Are you still available to help out?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back