LMU MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Holleration, Etc.)

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

CSBBATSE

Anyone have insight on where to look for cheaper housing?// Anybody searching for roommates?
My advisor upon admission said that they usually pair students together moving into the area, but I am a production major looking for roommates to split a house near the area.

Ring

Looking for roommates too! I'm a production major and looking for roommates ok to share apartment/house with couple.

Let me introduce us. I’m a Film Production MFA student who is studying in LMU 2017 Fall, and my boyfriend is a physics PhD in Caltech. We’re both Chinese. We're quiet, clean and easy to communicate with. We don’t smoke or make any noises. Besides, we’re considering adopting a cat from shelter.

We are planning to move in at the end of the June 2017, and rent the room for at least 6 months. We hope the rental will be no more than $1200 per month. And we hope we can are find roommates to share the apartment(2b2b/3b3b) near both colleges.

If there is anyone interested, please feel free to contact with me. Thank you.
Ring.

SaltyDornishman

Fixin' it in post
Was admitted for Production today. Honestly, I was expecting a rejection letter so I am so surprised.

SaltyDornishman

Fixin' it in post
I'm getting pretty stressed about the housing situation. Ideally I would like to live in Playa del Oro (I think it's called), but I won't be able to pay the housing application deposit until the end of June. I'm worried there will be no available rooms by then. And I'm not sure I (or my family) feel comfortable with me living in a non-university facilitated housing. Also not sure I could afford living alone; I've only lived on my own on campus for undergrad.

Also, does anyone have the link to the FB group?

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I'm finally catching up on reading all of these posts. (I had a backlog of 900+ unread) Congrats to everyone! Be sure to come back to the site to share your experience at the school after attending for a while. :)

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Attn 2017 LMU peeps! As you're coming to the end of your program....please be sure to review the school on our review system. It can be an anonymous review:

Thanks!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW