NYU Dramatic Writing MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Etc.)

Ashley

NYU musical theatre writing just called me to find out how I'm doing. They also told me that Dramatic Writing reached out to them. My final interview is tomorrow for musical theatre.

Basically which program I would be more interested in as well who would give me the most money.

So, if I get accepted to both I would have to choose.
YAY!

Christopher Gooley

has anyone heard anything yet?

Christopher Gooley

has anyone heard anything yet?

byisis

Nope not a peep ever haha (applied as TV/Film writer but also have theatre background. Accepted by UCLA and USC too) so I guess is not good news?!

Christopher Gooley

Nope not a peep ever haha (applied as TV/Film writer but also have theatre background. Accepted by UCLA and USC too) so I guess is not good news?!
According to the spreadsheet nobody has heard a word yet

Christopher Gooley

I just called and they told me that no decisions have been made yet for the graduate students as of now

I just called and they told me that no decisions have been made yet for the graduate students as of now
No decisions? What are they waiting for? Sigh.
Did they give any indication about how long it might take?
Thanks for calling them btw!

Christopher Gooley

No decisions? What are they waiting for? Sigh.
Did they give any indication about how long it might take?
Thanks for calling them btw!
She was very nice but I called to check on the status of it but she just said she has no clue when they will be done. And also not everyone will have an interview.

icygee

#JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé
I see NYU decided to get real cute and throw a little shade.

Kay Q.

Still nothing and I am checking my emails CONSTANTLY, hoping I get anything.

Christopher Gooley

According to our spreadsheet someone got a call already

Christopher Gooley

Just spoke to Admissions...

Got a very detailed break down..

1. THEY ARE VERY LATE EXTREMELY

So... they got 246 applications... 76 get passed on to read further. From that 76 they choose 24 who got in and 20 waitlisted. The rest won't get in. The department head will be letting admissions know on Monday who got in and who got waitlisted.

We should start hearing by Wednesday the earliest from admissions.

Admitted to dramatic writing. Got an email from the Chair asking for a Skype call. I'm at a place with bad internet, so he just told me of the acceptance via email.

barcabae1

I've been a little late, but I've also been accepted to dramatic writing. Got a phone call from the chair a few days ago and they said they'd be sending more info in the mail.

Christopher Gooley

I've been a little late, but I've also been accepted to dramatic writing. Got a phone call from the chair a few days ago and they said they'd be sending more info in the mail.
Did you have an interview?

essie

Spill the tea @essie (also congrats!!!)
Ahhh I just saw this so all my info is basically useless at this point -- but thank you icygee!! I received a call from dept chair and, as mentioned previously, we should get a letter w/ more details (including stipends and whatnot) soonish.

Last edited:

Ashley

Ahhh I just saw this so all my info is basically useless at this point -- but thank you icygee!! I received a call from dept chair and, as mentioned previously, we should get a letter w/ more details (including stipends and whatnot) soonish.

Idk how much this could effect the timeliness of the decisions, but there's a bad blizzard in NYC -- could potentially be slowing down updates from NYU?
it's 51 degrees in NYC....or do you mean there is one coming up?!?!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW