NYU Dramatic Writing MFA Fall 2018 (Acceptance, Rejection, Etc.)

Cdemon

I wrote to Dan Sandford, and he just wrote back to say that I'm definitely in, but since some documents were missing, the official letter will be sent tomorrow. Such a relief!

Thanks a lot though! :)
Awesome! What a great outcome! Can’t wait to meet you!

Cdemon

D

Deleted member 20595

Is university housing the cheapest route? I'd prolly try to go outside of that, as the cheapest graduate housing is $1700/month for a shared studio. It said $8000 per semester, times that by two is $16000. That's only 9 months though, so there must be something better than $1700/month right?

Cdemon

Is university housing the cheapest route? I'd prolly try to go outside of that, as the cheapest graduate housing is $1700/month for a shared studio. It said $8000 per semester, times that by two is $16000. That's only 9 months though, so there must be something better than $1700/month right?
I’m hoping the same thing. A quick search through their off-campus options map shows some cheaper. I stayed in East Harlem a couple years ago for 1100 a month, own room, but tiny, still better than shared for 1700 though. However it was a temporary sublet so that may have changed the cost. That said I’d love to be in the area of the school which may be more expensive. Where are you thinking? I just want to make the most of the experience by being near “it all.” :)

D

Deleted member 20595

I’m hoping the same thing. A quick search through their off-campus options map shows some cheaper. I stayed in East Harlem a couple years ago for 1100 a month, own room, but tiny, still better than shared for 1700 though. However it was a temporary sublet so that may have changed the cost. That said I’d love to be in the area of the school which may be more expensive. Where are you thinking? I just want to make the most of the experience by being near “it all.” :)
Well with the subway getting around won't be that bad, right? I think I'd be willing to do a 30 minute commute to save $500 or so a month.

I don't know New York well at all, part of why I'm visiting this weekend. Possibly Queens? With financial stuff I may not be able to go... so someone on this thread may get the spot instead. Have to decide by April 15th

Cdemon

Well with the subway getting around won't be that bad, right? I think I'd be willing to do a 30 minute commute to save $500 or so a month.

I don't know New York well at all, part of why I'm visiting this weekend. Possibly Queens? With financial stuff I may not be able to go... so someone on this thread may get the spot instead. Have to decide by April 15th
I hear you. The money is pretty crazy as I look at it realistically. Hopefully the financial aid packets will come through soon (I applied later than I’d like now). Yes the subway is super easy. I don’t know a ton, but East Harlem, just above the Park was safe and cheaper, I lived with two ballerina’s and all three of us felt safe at night etc. Queens I don’t know but it’s be cheaper. Also, up near 170th and above, on the A line is supposed to be a bit of a new cheaper area, Washington Heights. I’m told Astoria and Bushwick are also good choices. I think the living will be possible. I’m going to ask a few friends I know out there for more tips. I can pass them on if you’d like. Feel free to PM me also. I hope you work it out.

Cdemon

A friend just told me to check out Washington Heights, Brooklyn around prospect park, also in Queens off the 7 in areas like Sunnyside.

Undecided86

Hi everyone,
I was wait listed by Tisch and a couple of days ago they called me to offer me admission with a scholarship of 20k a year!! I'm thrilled that this happened but feel conflicted about what to do now. I was wondering if someone who's currently in the program could give me some advice?

Cdemon

Hi everyone,
I was wait listed by Tisch and a couple of days ago they called me to offer me admission with a scholarship of 20k a year!! I'm thrilled that this happened but feel conflicted about what to do now. I was wondering if someone who's currently in the program could give me some advice?
What did you decide to do?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW