NYU Dramatic Writing MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Etc.)

NYU musical theatre writing just called me to find out how I'm doing. They also told me that Dramatic Writing reached out to them. My final interview is tomorrow for musical theatre.

Basically which program I would be more interested in as well who would give me the most money.

So, if I get accepted to both I would have to choose.
YAY!

has anyone heard anything yet?

has anyone heard anything yet?

Nope not a peep ever haha (applied as TV/Film writer but also have theatre background. Accepted by UCLA and USC too) so I guess is not good news?!

Nope not a peep ever haha (applied as TV/Film writer but also have theatre background. Accepted by UCLA and USC too) so I guess is not good news?!

According to the spreadsheet nobody has heard a word yet

I just called and they told me that no decisions have been made yet for the graduate students as of now

I just called and they told me that no decisions have been made yet for the graduate students as of now

No decisions? What are they waiting for? Sigh.
Did they give any indication about how long it might take?
Thanks for calling them btw!

No decisions? What are they waiting for? Sigh.
Did they give any indication about how long it might take?
Thanks for calling them btw!

She was very nice but I called to check on the status of it but she just said she has no clue when they will be done. And also not everyone will have an interview.

I see NYU decided to get real cute and throw a little shade.

Still nothing and I am checking my emails CONSTANTLY, hoping I get anything.

According to our spreadsheet someone got a call already

Just spoke to Admissions...

Got a very detailed break down..

1. THEY ARE VERY LATE EXTREMELY

So... they got 246 applications... 76 get passed on to read further. From that 76 they choose 24 who got in and 20 waitlisted. The rest won't get in. The department head will be letting admissions know on Monday who got in and who got waitlisted.

We should start hearing by Wednesday the earliest from admissions.

Admitted to dramatic writing. Got an email from the Chair asking for a Skype call. I'm at a place with bad internet, so he just told me of the acceptance via email.

I've been a little late, but I've also been accepted to dramatic writing. Got a phone call from the chair a few days ago and they said they'd be sending more info in the mail.

I've been a little late, but I've also been accepted to dramatic writing. Got a phone call from the chair a few days ago and they said they'd be sending more info in the mail.

Did you have an interview?

Spill the tea @essie (also congrats!!!)

Ahhh I just saw this so all my info is basically useless at this point -- but thank you icygee!! I received a call from dept chair and, as mentioned previously, we should get a letter w/ more details (including stipends and whatnot) soonish.

Last edited:
Ahhh I just saw this so all my info is basically useless at this point -- but thank you icygee!! I received a call from dept chair and, as mentioned previously, we should get a letter w/ more details (including stipends and whatnot) soonish.

Idk how much this could effect the timeliness of the decisions, but there's a bad blizzard in NYC -- could potentially be slowing down updates from NYU?
it's 51 degrees in NYC....or do you mean there is one coming up?!?!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back