USC Screenwriting MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Etc.)

Swissapp

Got four "hang in there's" yesterday, and a rejection letter this morning. Can't believe I did my undergrad there. All I gained was a weight problem and dim prospects. Bummer.

Will be here next year guys. Don't give up. Get drunk today and cry about it. But then, keep going. I thought a lot of you seemed bright, capable, and were really funny. If that means anything.

Best,
Barb from the Upside Down World
You did your undergrad there!?

Smnths

What did it say?
It said that the faculty recommends building my portfolio up and reapplying for another semester and then a paragraph on how a lot of their alumni apply multiple times before getting in so to not give up.

Meanwhile my undergrad rejections were just like sorry but no lol

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Congrats to all who got in and good luck the next time to those who didn't make it! Hope everyone found the site helpful and be sure to visit again soon and tell us how it's going!

Septopus7

Staff member
Supporting Member
It was this day last year that acceptances started going out, It's completely possible this year that it could be totally different but in my head I've nicknamed this day Acceptance Eve. I'll be waking up all night to check my portal repeatedly!
Like I said, this is the weekend, historically. Of course it's possible things could be delayed, but that has only been the case once in the last seven years, so I doubt it. Here are the dates (three of which were compiled by me, but the rest were posted by someone a few years ago):

2017 = 2/24
2016 = 3/4
2015 = 2/22
2014 = 2/25
2013 = 2/18
2012 = 2/17
2011 = 2/25

Then again, the annexation here occurred only a couple years ago, so very much could happen again. Only way to know is to wait until tomorrow night, I guess!

And, just a reminder from someone who has combed through these boards in the past two years in search of timetables: don't freak out if someone reports an acceptance tomorrow, and you didn't get anything yet. Every year that people have been commenting, acceptances are staggered out over a couple weeks. So you still have a shot, even if you hear nothing tomorrow.

Now mid-March, on the other hand...don't get your hopes up, unfortunetly. By that point, you're probably a dead applicant walking.

Septopus7

Staff member
Supporting Member
Whoops, sorry people, posted in the wrong thread. Had this dead one open for research purposes, and confused it with 2018's. Disregard the above comment!

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Attn 2017 USC peeps! As you're coming to the end of your program....please be sure to review the school on our review system. It can be an anonymous review:

Thanks!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews