NYU Graduate Film 2020

Anyone else getting some views from Silderoom in the last couple days? And if any of you have Vimeo Pro, it'd be great if you could reveal whether your views are coming from LA or NY! (Too pricey for me)

I got about 4 views from Connecticut. 2 on the 19th and 2 on the 20th. Actually I'm a little anxious because none of the views watched the entire video. Can you tell me any information for you, like how many views you had and how long they watched for? In general the viewers for me watched about 50% of a 15 minute video.

Excuse me for the dumb question, but how do you know you got views on SlideRoom? All I see are my submitted pieces on the application page, but no view count.

Excuse me for the dumb question, but how do you know you got views on SlideRoom? All I see are my submitted pieces on the application page, but no view count.

Assuming your submission is linked through vimeo, you can look at the analytics on vimeo and it will tell you how many views you have. Another analytics page will tell you from what site and another on will tell you from what state you have the most views from. Assuming that you only have a handful of views or videos you can logic it out from there. But like on my vimeo it says that I have 1 view from vimeo, and 4 from slideroom.

Makes perfect sense. I submitted all my stuff through slide room itself (less than 500mb). Hopefully this doesn't impact my app negatively.

Thanks for the answer!

Assuming your submission is linked through vimeo, you can look at the analytics on vimeo and it will tell you how many views you have. Another analytics page will tell you from what site and another on will tell you from what state you have the most views from. Assuming that you only have a handful of views or videos you can logic it out from there. But like on my vimeo it says that I have 1 view from vimeo, and 4 from slideroom.

Makes perfect sense. I submitted all my stuff through slide room itself (less than 500mb). Hopefully this doesn't impact my app negatively.

Thanks for the answer!

If you were happy with the quality then I'm sure it'll be fine. But if you have more apps and have an option for higher quality, it couldn't hurt. Break a leg!

I got about 4 views from Connecticut. 2 on the 19th and 2 on the 20th. Actually I'm a little anxious because none of the views watched the entire video. Can you tell me any information for you, like how many views you had and how long they watched for? In general the viewers for me watched about 50% of a 15 minute video.

I don't have the Pro-level analytics, but the basic info I have is that from Thurs 19th - Sat 21st I had 12 "impressions" or page loads, 3 plays of the video, and 1 complete finish. It doesn't show me how long they watched for though or where they drop off at.

Wowzers! Thanks. Well, that gives me some relief. I was stressed about not getting a finish, but I think that they watched somewhere between 5-7 minutes. I would guess that as of right now your views are probably the same as mine from Connecticut, but if you want to just subscribe to vimeo pro for a month and then cancel it. Honestly, I find it worth it just because you get a higher limit to how many GB of HD you can upload every week.

on Monday the 23rd, I received 25 impressions, 7 views, and 4 finishes; and on Thursday the 26th, I received 9 impressions, 3 views, and 2 finishes. I think I'll upgrade from plus to pro on vimeo at least for the duration of apps :p

on Monday the 23rd, I received 25 impressions, 7 views, and 4 finishes; and on Thursday the 26th, I received 9 impressions, 3 views, and 2 finishes. I think I'll upgrade from plus to pro on vimeo at least for the duration of apps :p

Do it. I just signed up and plan to cancel within the free 30-day cancellation period. That's how I realized the hits from Dec. 19-21 were from NYU/Columbia and Jan. 2 were from USC.

random question, but, are any of you volunteering at the Sundance Film Festival taking place jan 22nd - feb 3rd? I'm a first-year volunteer and it would be awesome to meet up if anyone else is! :)

So anyone else get views from Slideroom on Vimeo? I assume it to be from NYU due to geographic location.

Dec. 4 - New York - 3 page loads, no views.
Dec. 19 - Norfolk, Connecticut - 7 loads, 2 views, 1 finish
Dec. 20 - Norfolk, Connecticut - 3 loads, 1 view
Dec. 21 - Norfolk, Connecicut - 2 loads, no views

So anyone else get views from Slideroom on Vimeo? I assume it to be from NYU due to geographic location.

Dec. 4 - New York - 3 page loads, no views.
Dec. 19 - Norfolk, Connecticut - 7 loads, 2 views, 1 finish
Dec. 20 - Norfolk, Connecticut - 3 loads, 1 view
Dec. 21 - Norfolk, Connecicut - 2 loads, no views

Okay, so in the interests of honesty and openness(and maybe this will convince others to share their numbers or experiences) ; because of my anxiety I have scoured previous years forums and non one really appears to have massive numbers of views(Or if they did they didn't post them). People have gotten an interview who claimed that they didn't have any finishes. And, of course, there was the disclaimer on the NYU slideroom site that you couldn't trust the view numbers for some reason(which, now that it's a submitted application I can't go back to view the language that they use to explain that.) My video is 15 minutes long(almost exactly) so I don't know if that's part of why my no one is finishing my video, or if it's something else entirely. Not getting a view in almost a month has me sometimes thinking I'm cool and other times I'm just begging for 1 little view. I'm sure that the stress of this is pretty unnecessary, but we are all human after all. NYU is the only school that I applied to. I have specific and personal reasons for that. OH, and the interesting thing about the first 2 views is that they scoped out before app sent in ... Like I was waiting on a recommendation I wasn't sure would make it for the deadline and I was a little gun-shy about pulling the trigger. Sooooo .... that is a little weird considering the first one definitely came from slideroom. It makes me wonder if they were reading the placeholder written docs I posted while editing and rewriting as well. Below is all the info I have.

Nov 22- 3 impressions, 1 view, 0 finish, % watched 57- New York (Source) Slideroom
Nov 27- 4 impressions, 1 view, 0 finish, % watched 90 - New York (Source) Vimeo
Dec 19 - 6 impressions, 2 views, 0 finish, % watched 37- Connecticut (Source) Slideroom
Dec 20- 5 impressions, 2 views, 0 finish, % watched 46 - Connecticut (Source) Slideroom

random question, but, are any of you volunteering at the Sundance Film Festival taking place jan 22nd - feb 3rd? I'm a first-year volunteer and it would be awesome to meet up if anyone else is! :)

I'll be at Sundance volunteering too, my third year. Let me know if you have any questions. If you'd like to meet for coffee or something and discuss film schools and/or films let me know.

Okay, so in the interests of honesty and openness(and maybe this will convince others to share their numbers or experiences) ; because of my anxiety I have scoured previous years forums and non one really appears to have massive numbers of views(Or if they did they didn't post them). People have gotten an interview who claimed that they didn't have any finishes. And, of course, there was the disclaimer on the NYU slideroom site that you couldn't trust the view numbers for some reason(which, now that it's a submitted application I can't go back to view the language that they use to explain that.) My video is 15 minutes long(almost exactly) so I don't know if that's part of why my no one is finishing my video, or if it's something else entirely. Not getting a view in almost a month has me sometimes thinking I'm cool and other times I'm just begging for 1 little view. I'm sure that the stress of this is pretty unnecessary, but we are all human after all. NYU is the only school that I applied to. I have specific and personal reasons for that. OH, and the interesting thing about the first 2 views is that they scoped out before app sent in ... Like I was waiting on a recommendation I wasn't sure would make it for the deadline and I was a little gun-shy about pulling the trigger. Sooooo .... that is a little weird considering the first one definitely came from slideroom. It makes me wonder if they were reading the placeholder written docs I posted while editing and rewriting as well. Below is all the info I have.

Nov 22- 3 impressions, 1 view, 0 finish, % watched 57- New York (Source) Slideroom
Nov 27- 4 impressions, 1 view, 0 finish, % watched 90 - New York (Source) Vimeo
Dec 19 - 6 impressions, 2 views, 0 finish, % watched 37- Connecticut (Source) Slideroom
Dec 20- 5 impressions, 2 views, 0 finish, % watched 46 - Connecticut (Source) Slideroom

I do wonder what was going on in Connecticut. Was the reviewer there for a conference? A project? Visiting family? Was it even an admissions reviewer or someone who has access to view Slideroom submissions, such as the student ambassador? These are questions I want answered!! LOL

Hmm... that too is possible.
giphy-5.gif

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back