USC MFA Writing for Screen & Television (Screenwriting) 2021

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I killed that post... but apparently not quick enough. If only you guys knew how many spammers try to post. Used to wake up to 60 korean gambling posts posted overnight until I learned some Korean with some help from a Korean user to flag certain words.

ngs091

Hey all!
I've been silently following on this thread for a couple of months now. I'm an international applicant (from Scotland) currently living and working in New York. I was admitted to the MFA this morning! :) Hoping to be able to afford it and see some of you in the fall. Feel free to reach out via IG - @mcrawfordguy !
Congrats! So happy for you! That means we shall start hearing about the rest of us!
@ everyone else... any domestic (USA) applicants get accepted yet? As I heard they usually accept international first?

Last edited:

amichan

Hey all!
I've been silently following on this thread for a couple of months now. I'm an international applicant (from Scotland) currently living and working in New York. I was admitted to the MFA this morning! :) Hoping to be able to afford it and see some of you in the fall. Feel free to reach out via IG - @mcrawfordguy !
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

And congrats!! 🥳

mcrawfordguy

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

And congrats!! 🥳
I
Congrats! So happy for you! That means we shall start hearing about the rest of us!
@ everyone else... any domestic (USA) applicants get accepted yet? As I heard they usually accept international first?
Thanks! The International student yes comes in the form of - "we want you in the fall but show us you can afford it again!" through the YouSC portal. It's a notice of " confirmed academic eligibility" that says "we look forward to seeing you in the fall once you do X,Y and Z" and will be followed up with the formal offer once the financial paperwork/passport etc. are submitted (again!).

katiebonnie

Supporter
Hey all!
Wow it feels so early this year?! Congrats!! Did you get an email or was it on your portal?

Krmg

Supporter
Hey all!
Congrats!!! 🥳🥳🥳 I hope more offers start rolling out soon!

Abbey Normal

Supporter+
I

Thanks! The International student yes comes in the form of - "we want you in the fall but show us you can afford it again!" through the YouSC portal. It's a notice of " confirmed academic eligibility" that says "we look forward to seeing you in the fall once you do X,Y and Z" and will be followed up with the formal offer once the financial paperwork/passport etc. are submitted (again!).
CONGRATS!!! Are you serious about the "show us you can afford it" email? Lol. Hopefully you recieve some kind of scholarship.

Way to end the week! :)

marianass45

Supporter+
Hey all!
Congratulations!!! Must be super exciting!! 😄

That means that it's happening guys hahahahha

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Congrats everyone!

Accepted USC applicants who are Supporting Members can request to join the USC student club on the site, which will give you the USC badge, and access to the private USC forums so we can get that section hopping again this year.

imenergetic

Supporter
The last time I stayed up until midnight for the release of something I was disappointed to find out it was being released midnight in CA and I live on the east coast. So I'm just going to go to bed early instead. :D :D

Do we think the domestic applicants will start getting emails tomorrow since International started today? Ahhhh!!
Yes that too
The last time I stayed up until midnight for the release of something I was disappointed to find out it was being released midnight in CA and I live on the east coast. So I'm just going to go to bed early instead. :D :D
Omg good call I totally forgot the time difference

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Data, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience data, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Data tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications