Chapman MFA TV Writing & Producing Applicants 2021 (1 Viewer)

autumn

Supporter+
are y'all seeing the stuff going on in the other chapman forums? have any of y'all's portals changed?

mine hasn't but i don't think all programs are necessarily linked with one another so i'm not worried... yet haha

Nothing but a checklist for me

Side note: Have you been getting invites to all the master classes? I got one for Bryan Cranston and Barry Jenkins, but haven't gotten invited to the more recent ones and wonder if I was taken out of some pool or something :/

autumn

Supporter+
Side note: Have you been getting invites to all the master classes? I got one for Bryan Cranston and Barry Jenkins, but haven't gotten invited to the more recent ones and wonder if I was taken out of some pool or something :/
i got an email on 2/26 inviting me to like 4 of them this month and then i got one on the 2nd about their student films? if they just took people out that would be very strange.

i also find it strange that people's portals are doing this before people get their acceptance. i looked back and it happened last year too.

hypothetically, if they have already made their decisions and are only sending invites to certain people as far back as february, then why would they send mixed signals and messages to people? i just can't imagine that's their intention, so i think it might be just a glitchy system and i wouldn't put too much weight on it if i were you

Reelgurltx

Supporter+
i got an email on 2/26 inviting me to like 4 of them this month and then i got one on the 2nd about their student films? if they just took people out that would be very strange.

i also find it strange that people's portals are doing this before people get their acceptance. i looked back and it happened last year too.

hypothetically, if they have already made their decisions and are only sending invites to certain people as far back as february, then why would they send mixed signals and messages to people? i just can't imagine that's their intention, so i think it might be just a glitchy system and i wouldn't put too much weight on it if i were you
Hi! Can you tell from last year’s posts if the changed portals were admissions or rejections?

autumn

Supporter+
Hi! Can you tell from last year’s posts if the changed portals were admissions or rejections?
You can look through them:

It was like this for other programs too. It seems like they are acceptances, but I really don't want someone to see that and assume they're in and for some reason they're not. Best to wait for the official acceptance before getting too excited.

I also can't tell if this happened for everyone or just these few people who were accepted.

Reelgurltx

Supporter+
You can look through them:

It was like this for other programs too. It seems like they are acceptances, but I really don't want someone to see that and assume they're in and for some reason they're not. Best to wait for the official acceptance before getting too excited.

I also can't tell if this happened for everyone or just these few people who were accepted.
I’m so nervous!!!! Thank you! Good luck to you. Are you a producing applicant?

autumn

Supporter+
I’m so nervous!!!! Thank you! Good luck to you. Are you a producing applicant?
good luck!!

i applied to the tv writing and producing program! it doesn't seem like any of us on here have had anything happen to our portals, so i hope that isn't a negative thing!

Reelgurltx

Supporter+
good luck!!

i applied to the tv writing and producing program! it doesn't seem like any of us on here have had anything happen to our portals, so i hope that isn't a negative thing!
I doubt that means anything. Each program does theirs differently. Which I guess is what is confusing me! The Creative Writing program acceptance was so straightforward with the change coming with a decision. I don’t understand why some changed and some didn’t but it seems I will get my answer soon either way 😬😬😬 I am so stressed lol

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I got an email just a few minutes ago to check the portal. I was accepted. :D
Congrats!!! That is so awesome!!!

The link to the gain access to the Chapman private forum is here:

Be sure to update your Applications with all the decision info and share your portfolios or application materials on them if you're willing.

Also be sure to update or add your Applications of you got Waitlisted or rejected as that'll seriously help us figure out how many people from the Waitlist get admitted.

There's also new fields for age, county, film experience, and Scholarship awarded that will be very helpful to future applicants.

The more info people can add the more info we have for each program to better help people.

I didn’t get anything either 😕 Seems like either a denial or we’ll get waitlisted, which iirc they don’t notify you about the waitlist for a couple weeks judging from previous years’ forums.

Batsy

Supporter+
Waitlisted as well :)

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

Colella612
Updated
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications