NFTS 2015

Hi, just to let you know that I received my invite for Cinematography last Friday (3rd) but they could still be sending out invites. Good luck everyone!

Hey Finn,

When's your interview? I had mine earlier today. Difficult to gauge how it went! Ended up having Sean Bobbitt on the panel as well, which was a bit of a curveball!

Best of luck with yours!

Hey Finn,

When's your interview? I had mine earlier today. Difficult to gauge how it went! Ended up having Sean Bobbitt on the panel as well, which was a bit of a curveball!

Best of luck with yours!

Flip Jonathan, must've been great to see him in person though! Mine's on Wednesday.. Will see if Bobbitt will stick around till then!

Yes, I got an email to say I didn't get an offer, but am on the reserve list in case anyone holding an offer drops out between now and the end of January. It's not an outright rejection, it's a kind of anxious limbo.

For anyone else interested, there are apparently a total of 5 people on the Screenwriting reserve list (other courses may vary), and we are not ranked in any order. If anyone with an offer drops out, the course leader will make a choice to replace them from one of the people on the reserve list.

In previous years, I read that men were replaced with other men and women with other women (supposedly to maintain a balance on the course), but I don't know if that's true.

The nice woman from the Registry also assured me that any late admissions, right up to the start of the course, will still have the opportunity to apply for scholarships.

Hi all, I'm glad to see so many like-minded, passionate and talented people on here. A lot of the deadlines are coming up now, it seems that NFTS is an amazing film school which explains why its tough to get a place on a course. I thought applying for a bachelors degree at university was tough but it pales in comparison to post graduate studies!

I applied for two different MA courses back in March at two different schools... I applied for MA Creative Futures: VFX at Staffordshire University and I applied for MA Digital Effects at NFTS.

NFTS is amazing and the courses they offer are far more varied and its nice that they have their own scholarship and bursary fund. I fell in love with their Digital Effects course, at present I'm a freelance filmmaker. Currently working on a short comic book inspired short film that I wrote and directed during the summer.

Places do seem very limited at NFTS, I can imagine hundreds of aspiring film makers apply to study at NFTS every year and only a handful of people are successful.

I think we can all agree, that applying for post graduate study can be stressful at times. Most courses especially film and art related ones are not free and without Student Finance England support, you'll need to pay for it yourself somehow and you'll need to determine whether its worth it to you personally.

The one thing that worries me is whether I'm able to get funding, the course I applied for costs £12300 a year! I don't even have a job right now and my parental income is really low plus I'm estranged from my Father.
I hope I get that chance to study at NFTS in 2016, I'm waiting patiently for word on whether I will get the financial support that I need.

Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back