WOW. Thats really amazing news. In terms of decision making, I'd say decide what program has the most to offer for you.Hi all. Just got the call that I’ve been accepted by the department. Also big news: the faculty wants to put me up for the Graduate Opportunty Fellowship Program, which would essentially be full tuition for a non-CA resident, plus a $20,000 stipend to use on anything (100% is going to rent). The fellowship is not totally guaranteed so they’re at least giving me $5,000 towards tuition.
I’m so torn because NYU was my top school for a while and they offered me $27,500 (half tuition). I don’t know if I should pursue UCLA on a maybe chance I’ll get a fellowship (not sure what the chances are but apparently they get 2-3 per year). Also, not sure if it’s worth telling NYU and I could haggle for money too? I thought I was in the clear with decisions!!
Also, letters or calls of acceptances are apparently coming out this week.