UCLA MFA Fall 2017

I emailed UCLA in regards to the message I received when I attempted to check my application status. I received this reply today.

"Thank you for your interest in the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television. The decision shall be posted within a few weeks at the latest."

If interviews are not required for MFA Screenwriting then that would certainly be good for me, although it would be a departure from their protocol. I don't want to get my hopes up but alas, hope is the last thing that dies lol. So, a few more weeks everyone. Hang in there!!!

Interesting...
A while ago when I emailed them I received this in response to my inquiry about our screenwriting statuses. I didn't read it closely until now because my denial came right before I received their answer. This comes from the screenwriting admissions administrator. I was notified of my rejection on 3/29.

Dear Miss Davis,

All admissions decisions have been made. Official notices from UCLA Graduate Admissions should be received by applicants before the official Council of Graduate Schools notification deadline of April 15th.

Thank you.

Interesting...
A while ago when I emailed them I received this in response to my inquiry about our screenwriting statuses. I didn't read it closely until now because my denial came right before I received their answer. This comes from the screenwriting admissions administrator. I was notified of my rejection on 3/29.

Dear Miss Davis,

All admissions decisions have been made. Official notices from UCLA Graduate Admissions should be received by applicants before the official Council of Graduate Schools notification deadline of April 15th.

Thank you.

Very informative indeed. They seem to have inconsistent information but I guess there's just too many channels of communication to expect exact replies. Wondering aloud why they would keep these precious admissions decisions so close to their hearts and let the rest of us hang in some type of persistent limbo. Probably the same reason as USC, but of course we don't know for sure that reason either... perhaps some final waitlist arrangements?

I just hope it has nothing to do with my not submitting my proof of funding as an international applicant... I was told it wouldn't matter but the timeline now seems too short for there to be any hope for me actually even getting a visa. lol. Lordie.

I was notified yesterday that I have been accepted to the MFA Cinematography program for the Fall of 2017 after being waitlisted last year. This has been my dream for the past three years. If you weren't offered admission this year, please stick with it and apply again next year. I'm glad that I did. A rejection can be discouraging but use the year as an opportunity to grow and improve your craft. Your persistence will pay off.

I was notified yesterday that I have been accepted to the MFA Cinematography program for the Fall of 2017 after being waitlisted last year. This has been my dream for the past three years. If you weren't offered admission this year, please stick with it and apply again next year. I'm glad that I did. A rejection can be discouraging but use the year as an opportunity to grow and improve your craft. Your persistence will pay off.
Good for you. Perseverance is essential in this field. Congrats!

yup still dont know shit...called today and they said we will definitely know before May....yay
guh.w hat? why?! Their deadlinr for accepting is 14th I believe and someone previously posted that all decisions had already been made BECAUSE the deadline to accept is the 14th. My suspicion is perhaps we are waitlisted for the waitlist... but that might even be a little too optimistic.

Just received my Rejection letter today via an email telling me to check the portal. Finally, time to move on and try again. Seeya next season filmschool.org

Received an email reply today and was told that the latest possible date for a concrete answer for those (few) of us still without any admittance/rejection decision, was the end of April. Oh lordie.

Received an email reply today and was told that the latest possible date for a concrete answer for those (few) of us still without any admittance/rejection decision, was the end of April. Oh lordie.
Ridiculous.

Received the long-awaited rejection today morning. Not as painful as the first one from USC - just as annoying how long they dragged it out despite apparently having all the decisions made since two weeks ago. Good luck to all in this thread with your coming year, whether accepted or rejected. We all have some major work to do to continue forwards towards our goals.

I received my letter and I did not get in. It is what it is. I'm just going to keep on writing and possibly apply again next year.

Are there any animation workshop applicants here? The waiting is driving me nuts!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back