USC School of Cinematic Arts - Stark Proudcing Program 2021

Interviewed last week. I'm not the best at interviewing but hopefully it went well enough to work. Best of luck everyone!

Hi all,

Just finished my interview. I agree with what was said above, it was a tough one. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive and well-spirited in this discussion, even if the interview process did not go your way. Best of luck to everyone :)

Hi all,

Just finished my interview. I agree with what was said above, it was a tough one. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive and well-spirited in this discussion, even if the interview process did not go your way. Best of luck to everyone :)
I'm sure it went better than you thought. What made it tough?

I guess I just hope I was able to holistically present myself and my passion for film in the course of 20 minutes!
Did they say when people would hear if they got in?

Be sure to update your application with how it went etc and change the status prefix if you have already.

Hey, what’s going on everyone? New to this forum. I also interviewed this past week and am hopeful for a good response. While I gave answers that came top of mind, I agree with most and hope that they provided a glimpse of who I am. My interview lasted ~30 minutes including my questions.

Hey, what’s going on everyone? New to this forum. I also interviewed this past week and am hopeful for a good response. While I gave answers that came top of mind, I agree with most and hope that they provided a glimpse of who I am. My interview lasted ~30 minutes including my questions.
Welcome! When you can, please add your application with as much info as possible to our database:

The more applications in our database the more accurate our site's data will be. :)

Good luck!

So other USC programs have already begun releasing decisions, and since this is the last week for interviews I wonder if maybe some applicants will start hearing next week?

I’ve been thinking about this, and I feel like they could’ve started sending out rejection letters already (particularly to those who never got an interview) just to assuage some of the anxiety. I’m curious to know how they decide when to let people know and why this particular program seems to be later than the other MFAs. Obviously the class size is small and the program itself is quite highly regarded so making these choices must be incredibly difficult. I’m just fascinated by the process, I’ve kind of been fixating on it since there isn’t too much else going on at the moment for me and I can barely go a minute without the Stark name crossing my mind😅

I got in as well! I want to reiterate not to lose hope and that there are other great programs out there to support with a producing career. I am part of communities like Women of Color Unite, Breaking into Hollywood, and the #StartWith8Hollywood mentorship program, where I got matched with two entertainment executives.

Women of Color Unite

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back