2015 Interviews - Acceptances - Rejections

Hey @Caroline_Eleni! Congratulations for getting through LMU. I have also chosen Film and TV Production course. I guess we are going to be classmates :)

Congratulations! I look forward to meeting you! @Sunny and I shall see you this summer then :D along with everyone else on here who chose LMU as well :)

I'm about to pay the deposit of Chapman's Producing Program today...and it says the program is already full...I was trying to reach Chapman's admission officer the past 30 mins, but in vain....BTW is it normal? I received the "letter" from graduate admission office on Apr 15 and today it says the program doesn't receive any more deposit?

Congratulations to you too @skycamera !!!!

I actually have a good friend who is finishing her first year in Chapman's Editing program. She seems to really love the program and Dodge has pretty legit facilities. I toured their building with her and her classmates (albeit after a night of drinking at the bar near the campus :D) and they seem to have everything you need in a film school.

I will admit that being in Orange can seem like exile, but Chapman is aware of this and they do everything they can to compensate for that through internships and tapping their own alumni network in LA. Plus, the all students work on each other's sets, so you'll get more than just a "dungeon room of editing" experience. I can't speak on FSU, but I will say that it will help to be as close to LA as possible for lucrative job opportunities (especially if you plan to move there after your studies), and Chapman is about the furthest school you could go to in SoCal (besides maybe CalArts??) that's still able to help expose you to professional projects to put your schooling into action. (although I dunno about what opportunities FSU has to offer)

Hopefully this helps. If you can afford it and you don't feel the urge to take advantage of what FSU has to offer instead, I think you'd benefit greatly from Chapman. Good luck in whatever you decide!

I'm sorry for late reply.
But, Thank you sooooooooooo much for your kindness and a comment!!!
Thanks to your comment, I made my final decision! I'll be attending Chanpman in this fall!
Thanks again, and i wish you the best of luck :)

I'm glad I was able to help! I'm sure you'll love there... Also, PM me if you'd like me to introduce you to my friend at Chapman. She's a wonderful person and she's from Orange County, so I'm sure she'd be able to answer any further questions you may have.

I'm glad I was able to help! I'm sure you'll love there... Also, PM me if you'd like me to introduce you to my friend at Chapman. She's a wonderful person and she's from Orange County, so I'm sure she'd be able to answer any further questions you may have.

OMG, You're touching me ;-)
Of course!!! It would be soooo nice if i can get to know her!
Could you please introduce me to her?
This is my facebook; https://www.facebook.com/yurim.han.16
Thanks a lot!!!

Alright, I just sent you a request...

I'm about to pay the deposit of Chapman's Producing Program today...and it says the program is already full...I was trying to reach Chapman's admission officer the past 30 mins, but in vain....BTW is it normal? I received the "letter" from graduate admission office on Apr 15 and today it says the program doesn't receive any more deposit?

I have received the letter on Apr 14 and they said the deadline to submit the enrollment deposit is April 15. It doesn't make sense. So I think you should contact Lauren Kacura atkacura@chapman.edu for deadline issues.
I hope everything goes well!!

Still stuck on the USC MFA Screenwriting list. Anyone with a USC acceptance decide to go elsewhere? Anyone get off the waitlist already and receive an acceptance?

just got an offer from chapman, directing .

and I knew a few students got their offer from chapman in March , April, and I got mine in MAY....

so i was originally planing to go to FSU, but now seems Chapman is a good option also.

btw, I am still waitlisted on UCLA and haven't heard anything from LMU....

@Caroline_Eleni & @Sunny Hey are you guys planning to live on-campus? I'm pretty confused about the housing scene. I read that

And have you talked to anyone who is currently studying there? I have to take decisions on a lot of things and i wanted to take some opinions before deciding.
I'm still considering that, but there are only around 150-ish places for Grad students to live on campus. So best bet is probably living off, taking into consideration whether you have a car/how much you can afford/walking distance to campus etc.

When I had my Skype conversation with Prof. Wheatley she said she would pass my email along to 2 current students for their perspective on studying/living there, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Which schools are you deciding on? Or did you mean deciding between on/off-campus living?
just got an offer from chapman, directing .

and I knew a few students got their offer from chapman in March , April, and I got mine in MAY....

so i was originally planing to go to FSU, but now seems Chapman is a good option also.

btw, I am still waitlisted on UCLA and haven't heard anything from LMU....
LMU sent out emails for us to register for classes in class groups, so I'm thinking they have chosen all their 26 students??? Not 100% sure though!

I'm still considering that, but there are only around 150-ish places for Grad students to live on campus. So best bet is probably living off, taking into consideration whether you have a car/how much you can afford/walking distance to campus etc.

When I had my Skype conversation with Prof. Wheatley she said she would pass my email along to 2 current students for their perspective on studying/living there, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Which schools are you deciding on? Or did you mean deciding between on/off-campus living?

LMU sent out emails for us to register for classes in class groups, so I'm thinking they have chosen all their 26 students??? Not 100% sure though!

Yea that's what I've figured as well about housing, and if I remember correctly I once read on their housing site that their hostels are for 9 months only, so you might have to vacate in December which is bad. And I've decided on LMU (yay) and i was talking from housing perspective only.

For off-campus, I'm looking for housing on craiglist. it's quite handy. I plan to live somewhere in westchester. somewhere between the beach and the uni, it'd be fun to chill by the sea if i'd have the luxury of free time :)

Oh yeah. During my conversation I was also told about connecting me with few current students and someone from my country.But, I'm also waiting for a response from them. sigh.

@LISANO I've also registered for classes in LMU. I think they have chosen the students.
But hey congratulations for Chapman and FSU! Which one are you going to choose?

Hey everyone~

Long time lurker, first time commenter. I'll be headed to LMU in the fall for the WPTV program, and I'm in the same boat as far as housing is concerned. I'm coming from Philadelphia, so I'm pretty reliant on the internet when it comes to searching. For those who are also going to LMU (and I've noticed a few of you), let me know if you're looking for a roommate! Maybe we could find an apartment/house that could fit a group of us, since I also have yet to receive any information on other incoming students and I'd like to cross at least one thing off my list of stuff to accomplish for this summer.

Yay, new friends!

Did someone mention WPTV LMU housing?

Oh thank god someone else is worrying about this too haha! I'm all the way in North Carolina and I am killing myself trying to find reasonably priced, safe and close housing to LMU for this fall. I've come across a couple websites. Has anyone found any message boards on the schools website?

Last edited:
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back