Acceptances/Decisions Fall '10

Hi everyone.
I'm a lurker here at this forum--actually a sort of obsessive one. I'm a screenwriter and all programs I applied to are in screenwriting unless noted. My heart sinks everytime I hear about another wave of rejections. So far I've been rejected from :
USC
NYU (Poduction)
AFI (Alternate fellow)
Is ANYONE possibly not attending AFI in screenwriting? Is there any hope?
Good luck to every one else and congratulations to those who were successful!

Looks like yet another year of wildly inconsistent acceptances in terms of people's credentials, hopefully that helps to comfort people's rejections a little bit.

I don't know what you mean by that but I can only say one thing: The selection committee of every program is probably made out of 2-5 people. So if they choose some people it just means that 5 people like those guys more than the rest. Nothing else. It doesn't mean they're better, it just means that they have the approval of a limited number of people. As filmmakers, we have to get used to it, you'll see how in some festivals you might win an award and how in others, competing aganist practically the same works, you're not even selected for the official competition. It's all subjective. And every program, even if it's about the same area (directing, sw, producing), is looking for a different profile, so sometimes some people just don't fit that profile.

^ Here-here. With the week passing and not the slightest word from Columbia, I think I can safely say that, for me, it's UM or nothing, and I'm NOT going back to the futile job hunt just because some "elites" think my **** doesn't pass muster. The "elites" can bite my dick!

Congrats on your acceptance to UM Dead Honky. BTW, I wouldn't worry about what the bignames think of you. You may end up proving them wrong someday and that would be your revenge.

SilverLenz

UCLA: Accepted
USC: Accepted
UT Austin: Accepted
NYU: Accepted
AFI: Accepted
FSU: Accepted
Chapman: Accepted
Columbia: waiting???

MFA

AFI: Directig :
USC production : accepted
USC shark : accepted
Columbia : accpeted

What should u do ????? All my professors said USC
but I love Afi to much.

Joey,

When did you hear from AFI?
I'm curious because the discipline I applied for is supposed to get notifications in mid-April, along with directing.

Originally posted by L@la:
Joey,

When did you hear from AFI?
I'm curious because the discipline I applied for is supposed to get notifications in mid-April, along with directing.
To be honest, both of Joey's posts almost look...fake?

Wait, you're a fake person with people but you're a living breathing creature.

Are you Bigfoot?

I googled Bigfoot. There was a lot of stuff, I don't know where to start.

I was simply joking considering someone though I was fake. Lol

finding Bigfoot. I love it when people take me literally but I'm sure you are joking to.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• UC Berkeley
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    Concentration: Film and Media Studies
    UC Berkeley Film Packs a Punch!
    I absolutely loved my time at UC Berkeley and I would not have traded doing my undergrad there even for a top spot at UCLA for a BFA in Film...
    • 8ballqueen
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back