Robert Mandel and Gill Dennis They were really great and the interview was very easy going. we talked about the oscars too!

Sweet! We bonded over a dislike of Spike Lee's remake of OldBoy. They're definitely super cool. Hope we'll be hearing some good new soon.

I too received the financial aid letter, but no interview invitation. Does anyone know if the screenwriting interviews have been decided?

Hey again ! I've just been accepted to AFI fin Producing ! I now need to choose between UCLA (producing as well) and AFI... Tough choice but I feel gifted to actually have to choose between those two. Do you guys have an opinion ?

Hey again ! I've just been accepted to AFI fin Producing ! I now need to choose between UCLA (producing as well) and AFI... Tough choice but I feel gifted to actually have to choose between those two. Do you guys have an opinion ?

Congrats Lucas!! Did you hear from AFI via email or did you receive a letter?

Does anyone know if they notify all students of acceptance or rejection, or just those who are accepted and/or interviewed?

Congrats to those who have been accepted, btw. :)

I got called today for the Producer discipline Interview. So Tuesday I'm flying to LA to have my director and producer discipline interview! Excited! Congrats Lucas!

Today is the listed day they let screenwriters and cinematographers know, assuming everything is on time. Anyone yet?
Today is the listed day they let screenwriters and cinematographers know, assuming everything is on time. Anyone yet?
Hey, I contacted the Admission's Office earlier this week and they told me that only those who applied before December 1st were gonna be notified today ( at least Cinematographers). As I applied on the third week of January I should have an answer by April 14.

Hey guys ... I just got accepted for cinematography yesterday ... But also got A waiting list from USC for fall but a definite on spring...what should I do ... I mean after all I want to be both director and dop plz help :b

Dreamashlee Hey there, can I ask if you interviewed?

But congrats, you have a pretty awesome decision to make, but they're two very different schools / programs.

USC is more of a broad program, where if you want to direct AND dp, you can do that there. You don't need a background in film to attend USC. You'll learn everything from the ground up.

AFI is more focused, and you'll only be able to DP while there. You also need a film background to attend...they don't let anyone in who doesn't have any film experience (undergrad, professional) - so think of it more as a finishing school.

So yeah, it all depends on you and what you want to do - best of luck!

filmluv - I called as well and had the same answer, although they didn't tell me about the April 14th deadline...so thanks for that!

Hey guys ... I just got accepted for cinematography yesterday ... But also got A waiting list from USC for fall but a definite on spring...what should I do ... I mean after all I want to be both director and dop plz help :b

But congrats, you have a pretty awesome decision to make, but they're two very different schools / programs.

USC is more of a broad program, where if you want to direct AND dp, you can do that there. You don't need a background in film to attend USC. You'll learn everything from the ground up.

AFI is more focused, and you'll only be able to DP while there. You also need a film background to attend...they don't let anyone in who doesn't have any film experience (undergrad, professional) - so think of it more as a finishing school.

filmluv - I called as well and had the same answer, although they didn't tell me about the April 14th deadline...so thanks for that!

I totally agree with that... also... AFI as he said is hyper focused! You don;t get to really do anything else excet your focus. Also if you don't feel comfortable with being on production AFI is going to be really difficult cause from what I hear they throw you in.

Thank you for your advise... I did 2 interviews afi and usc but not calart in which I got accepted stright away and also the sound of silence from NYU ... Do any of you guys know USC exact tuition fee I'm confuse whether it's 84,000 per year or 3 years in total?

Hi, guys, I had my interview really early at February, We had a wonderful 30 minutes laughed time, and the same, they assured me that will be notified by April 1st. Best Wishes to everyone, hope can meet u guys soon in AFI this year.

I´m sorry the April 14 notification is only meant for me. As I understand it you get notified 3 months after you submitted your application.

Any other editors hear back? I had my interview mid February but haven't heard anything from them since. The anticipation is killing me!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back