LMU - 2019 MFA Film Production

stamper

Hi - I wanted to start this thread for the 2019 LMU Film Production MFA. I assume acceptance/rejection emails and letters will be sent out shortly.

I also had my interview with two professors on February 6th. From what I have heard from these forums (and talking to one first-year Film Production MFA student at LMU) is that they want to get a feel for students they are interested in as well as see who is deserving of financial aid and scholarships. I figured I would start this thread for people to share info and ask around.

Hi! Thanks for starting the thread! Yeah, the questions I remember were basically: why LMU, what do you excel at and what do you think you need improvement on, what kind of stories do you want to tell/what in your life led you to want to tell those kind of stories, and how will my business degree help me in the program. There was a detailed mention of the short film I submitted as well, so they knew my application. Then they asked how I planned to pay for school and gave time for my questions.

I wonder though, now that we're several weeks past the interview and possibly interviewed with other schools, what does everyone think of LMU in comparison?

I really loved the vibe of the instructors and what they had to say in response to my questions. From my interview and pre-interview research, it feels like a school/instructors that genuinely care about your success and are totally along for the ride with you.

Received an email notifying me of an update to my status in my portal at 1:35pm PT today! I was accepted!!

Received an email notifying me of an update to my status in my portal at 1:35pm PT today! I was accepted!!

That's awesome congrats!!! It seems like they have been sending out acceptance letters the last couple hours... I'm now sitting here anxiously waiting for a decision by the end of the day lol hoping for the best. There is still no update on my application page (just checked a second ago) so we'll see

That's awesome congrats!!! It seems like they have been sending out acceptance letters the last couple hours... I'm now sitting here anxiously waiting for a decision by the end of the day lol hoping for the best. There is still no update on my application page (just checked a second ago) so we'll see

I should also add there was a mixup with my transcripts from my two semesters at Community College (they basically didn't send it) so I did just resend my transcripts from those the Admissions Department. I don't know if that will delay anything, but I hope to at least here by the end of the day now that everyone is getting their notification :)

Thank you! I hope you hear from them today!!

Can I ask if anyone that got accepted to LMU's Production MFA got scholarship offers? Was told that if I got one, it would have been included in my initial acceptance letter, but then the financial aid office said offers could be mailed out as much as 2 weeks after the initial acceptance...

Can I ask if anyone that got accepted to LMU's Production MFA got scholarship offers? Was told that if I got one, it would have been included in my initial acceptance letter, but then the financial aid office said offers could be mailed out as much as 2 weeks after the initial acceptance...
Have you already been accepted? I'm still nervously waiting to hear back from LMU

Yes, it was in my official letter I received a few days after the status change/acceptance email.

Yes, I also got a scholarship offer in the official acceptance letter at the beginning of this week.

Things have been kind of quiet on the LMU production front... how are you all doing? Anybody else stress about the commitment deadline and not having heard from other schools yet?

Just found out I was waitslisted, which was a surprise. Any advice? This was my first time applying to film school and first time being waitlisted, so I'm a little new at all of this.

Things have been kind of quiet on the LMU production front... how are you all doing? Anybody else stress about the commitment deadline and not having heard from other schools yet?

Can I ask when the commit deadline is? Still have not received a decision as of today, which tells me I might have been waitlisted or worse, rejected - really thought my interview went well. At first I thought it might have been because my transcripts just went through a few weeks ago. Anyhow, just curious to when the accepted applicants are expected to reply by?? Still here waiting for the best!

I was waitlisted as well. Hoping for a miracle. All I think we can do is wait.

Can I ask if y'all went through an interview or not? I was interviewed and thought it went well, but still haven't received a decision yet. I've been thinking the last few weeks that I am also about to be waitlisted. Just curious who did and didn't go through an interview.

Can I ask if y'all went through an interview or not? I was interviewed and thought it went well, but still haven't received a decision yet. I've been thinking the last few weeks that I am also about to be waitlisted. Just curious who did and didn't go through an interview.

I did not get an interview and was pretty crushed when I checked on here and saw all the people who did. Thought for sure I was getting rejected. Don't lose hope!

I did not get an interview and was pretty crushed when I checked on here and saw all the people who did. Thought for sure I was getting rejected. Don't lose hope!

Good to hear you were at least waitlisted, it means they're considering you! Still waiting on my end, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Can I ask when the commit deadline is? Still have not received a decision as of today, which tells me I might have been waitlisted or worse, rejected - really thought my interview went well. At first I thought it might have been because my transcripts just went through a few weeks ago. Anyhow, just curious to when the accepted applicants are expected to reply by?? Still here waiting for the best!
I believe those who were accepted around March 5th were originally given until March 20th to commit, and then that was extended for all to the 26th.

After that I think it just depended on if someone was able to get a personal extension. Mine was only a couple of days, though.

I hope you hear something soon!!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back