NFTS Applications 2021 - The one where the world seems to be on fire....

VCalavera

Sorry to hear @Acelya. You could try again next year. They mentioned on the DF vitiual open day that recurring applicants are quite common and many people get in the second or third time. I don't now if it's the same for Editing but I don't see why not.

Okay @VCalavera - I do like the sound of suffering less so I'll share 😋
Yaaaaaay! I'll go watch it now

ChrisL297

Hey, you haven't heard anything from LFS since Feb? I applied around the end of May and nothing's heard either, it seems I'm not the only person ghosted by LFS's admission team
If it’s any help, I applied to LFS for screenwriting and heard back with an interview offer on the 10th June, interviewed on the 15th of June, then got my place on the 19th

JMini

Anybody applied for MA Film Studies, Programming and Curation? I'm trying to find if anyone else is applying for this course

Jacobbbb

Have any Screenwriting applicants heard back? x
Yeah I heard back. Wasn't chosen :(

Hopeful though because at the end of the email it says "we may be in touch at a later date with details of alternative NFTS courses that we feel may be suitable for your specific skillset" and I did also apply for Directing Fiction. So hopefully those aren't just words and there is a genuine chance there. But yeah, didn't make the Screenwriting course. Gl and congrats to those who applied for the course and for those that got in :)

Pluto

Yeah I heard back. Wasn't chosen :(

Hopeful though because at the end of the email it says "we may be in touch at a later date with details of alternative NFTS courses that we feel may be suitable for your specific skillset" and I did also apply for Directing Fiction. So hopefully those aren't just words and there is a genuine chance there. But yeah, didn't make the Screenwriting course. Gl and congrats to those who applied for the course and for those that got in :)
Sorry to hear that - good luck for DF 🤞

Hey Guys, just joining the bandwagon here. I've applied for the Direction Fiction course at NFTS and haven't heard anything yet too. Though I must say, looking at the brilliant short films done by you guys ( from whatever I saw that is) my chances seem pretty slim. :) But anyways, lets see! All the best to all of us!

VCalavera

Hey Guys, just joining the bandwagon here. I've applied for the Direction Fiction course at NFTS and haven't heard anything yet too. Though I must say, looking at the brilliant short films done by you guys ( from whatever I saw that is) my chances seem pretty slim. :) But anyways, lets see! All the best to all of us!
Welcome to the waiting room hahaha

Haruki

I called today and asked about DF. They said they'll respond by either mid or late July. I'm tired of waiting!
Thanks for the update Ringo. :) Did you speak with DF faculty directly, or someone from registry or the front desk? Because there seems to be quite a lot of contradictory information.

Thanks for the update Ringo. :) Did you speak with DF faculty directly, or someone from registry or the front desk? Because there seems to be quite a lot of contradictory information.
I called the school and they transferred me to registry. I was put on hold a couple of times so I couldn't really tell who it was, not to a certainty anyway. What contradictory info did you hear?

Haruki

I called the school and they transferred me to registry. I was put on hold a couple of times so I couldn't really tell who it was, not to a certainty anyway. What contradictory info did you hear?
From what I've heard we are supposed to hear who gets to the next stage within 6 weeks of the deadline according to the registry, meaning 12.7.
But within that I've heard multiple different dates, but all are guesses IMO (this is regarding DF only). My guess is we all hear back on 13.7. :D

From what I've heard we are supposed to hear who gets to the next stage within 6 weeks of the deadline according to the registry, meaning 12.7.
But within that I've heard multiple different dates, but all are guesses IMO (this is regarding DF only). My guess is we all hear back on 13.7. :D
Well, I sure hope you're right, Mister, 'cause I gots tired of waitin'

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous
    1.00 star(s)
    Hollywood Trash
    Overall, this school is what 'quantity over quality' means. The network they brag about is absolutely not as they market. The filmmakers who come...
    • soybean
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous