NFTS Applications 2021 - The one where the world seems to be on fire....

I gotta be honest V, it’s mainly focused on game shows, chat shows, cooking shows and TV sitcoms. And they ask for a 500 word essay on why you’re passionate about that and I just can’t do it :(.
I’d feel like I’m lying

Did you email them? Where did you get that from? Cause if it's just those 4 things...

Attachments

• 432E9537-C4F6-44AE-88C3-23D48780CDFA.png
    432E9537-C4F6-44AE-88C3-23D48780CDFA.png
    298.5 KB · Views: 569
Hey everyone! Just found out about this forum recently - I too, applied and was rejected for Directing Fiction. I too, received an email about the TV Entertainment MA. Unsure what to think. What I would say is that if you want to be a writer/director, if you want to hone your craft working with actors, that’s what you should do, either at another school or try again next year. Edgar Wright applied 3 times and didn’t get in! Don’t be discouraged if you didn’t get in this time. If you’re serious about making films, you will find a way to do it. If you can see yourself spending 2 years studying tv entertainment (game shows etc) and are genuinely passionate about it, go for it! But I reckon if you apply just so you can say you got into NFTS, it will be pretty obvious when you’re up against other candidates who seriously want to do that course.

When did you get the email? I was told at the interview that the results will be available around three weeks into august.
Hi Haruki, would love to hear a bit about how the interview went, what kind of questions they asked as I’m intending or reapplying next year. It would be hugely helpful to get an idea of what to expect. You can message me if you like. Thanks!

Hi Haruki, would love to hear a bit about how the interview went, what kind of questions they asked as I’m intending or reapplying next year. It would be hugely helpful to get an idea of what to expect. You can message me if you like. Thanks!
Hi Chihiro, I can’t discuss it in detail as I have been explicitly asked not to “ruin” the experience for others...But from my understanding the interviews can differ quite a bit, so maybe sharing details about my interview wouldn’t be very informative. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful... :/

Is anyone having a hard time hearing back from the registry? I've been asked to interview and I've emailed them back but no response. My email was over 7 days ago. Just curious. Thanks all!

Is anyone having a hard time hearing back from the registry? I've been asked to interview and I've emailed them back but no response. My email was over 7 days ago. Just curious. Thanks all!

No worries, they will email you 2 days before your interview including interview link and so on.

They will get back to you. I had trouble sending my references to the registry because their mailbox was full. I think they are just extremely busy :)

Hey guys

So plot twist - I received an email saying that If I want the school will forward my application to the Head of Television for the Directing and Producing Television MA. I wouldn’t have to reapply or anything.

Does anyone know anything about this course? From what I can see it seems to be a lot of game shows, music shows, general entertainment stuff - just not movie stuff but I think I could still get good contacts and great experience but then again I have the offer from LFS.

I think I’m just looking for any insight and advice in case anyone has heard of the course
Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since I posted here and at some point, applying to a film school wasn’t anything I wanted to do because of the pandemic but hey, I couldn’t let some virus ruin my plans.

So, I applied for the DF course and I must confess, we are on the same boat. I got denied an offer (that still hurts) but I received an email proposing that I apply for the Directing and Producting Entertainment course.

With what I can see on the schools website, students who take the course end up becoming show runners (that’s cool too and it looks like a course that will be fun while learning) but I want to be a filmmaker (making both films and TV series)

In the email I received, it is stated that both courses are similar but does anyone here know of an alumni of the course who later went into filmmaking?

I would really appreciate your answers people

EDIT: I’m sorry for quoting you this epistle Mace. I just feel like we are on the same page and congrats on the LFS offer. That’s my next option too even though the tuition frightens me too. I wouldn’t mind you sharing some tips on my portfolio submission to LFS.
Thank you

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just thought I'd post one last time on this thread and also give an update of sorts. So, yeah, I started this thread originally because it was lonely and wanted to interact with people going through the same thing especially given the world is practically broken now. And of course I got rejected from both Screenwriting and Directing Fiction. I've been reading the thread back (on the days I ignored it and yes I got the email about TV directing and producing. I wasn't interested).

Well, the day after I got rejected from DF, I applied for a film school closer to home. Met Film School in London. Right next to Ealing Studios in fact. And surprisingly got a very quick response two days later saying I had secured an interview. Anyways, shock aside and skipping to just 3 days later, I had the interview and yeah, was offered a place at the end of it. After accepting the offer and paying 20% of the course fee, my place is confirmed and am officially going to Met Film School to do an MA in Directing (before Chris W responds to this, yes I have already put my application up on the website).

I quickly studied it after getting rejected from DF as I had often looked past it as "lesser than" and inferior to the likes of NFTS and LFS but, they have some pretty strong alumni (Tomisin Adepeju who appeared on the BFI Who We Are talk being one). And have masterclass as well as some cool tutors. NFTS have an informal relationship with this school for a reason. So yeah, I decided I misjudged it and applied. I got it and now am a soon to be Met Film School MA Directing student. And I guess following my mantra, "everything happens for a reason". Hope everything's good here and congrats to those who have done their interviews, got in etc. and good luck to those who have been rejected. I know you'll figure things out and bounce back hard. G'day to you all and see you hopefully in the industry or just abouts near it.

:)

If anyone has been accepted to NFTS and wants the badge by their name and access to the brand new private forum for more private conversations see this article here:

The badge gives you access to the brand new private forum that is hidden and not seen by Google so you can say whatever you want and only people with the NFTS badge can see it.

Cinematography update: Got rejected.
From next year it will be double the price for EU students so for now it was 3rd applications and who knows when I can afford a 4th one

Hi everyone, just thought I'd post one last time on this thread and also give an update of sorts. So, yeah, I started this thread originally because it was lonely and wanted to interact with people going through the same thing especially given the world is practically broken now. And of course I got rejected from both Screenwriting and Directing Fiction. I've been reading the thread back (on the days I ignored it and yes I got the email about TV directing and producing. I wasn't interested).

Well, the day after I got rejected from DF, I applied for a film school closer to home. Met Film School in London. Right next to Ealing Studios in fact. And surprisingly got a very quick response two days later saying I had secured an interview. Anyways, shock aside and skipping to just 3 days later, I had the interview and yeah, was offered a place at the end of it. After accepting the offer and paying 20% of the course fee, my place is confirmed and am officially going to Met Film School to do an MA in Directing (before Chris W responds to this, yes I have already put my application up on the website).

I quickly studied it after getting rejected from DF as I had often looked past it as "lesser than" and inferior to the likes of NFTS and LFS but, they have some pretty strong alumni (Tomisin Adepeju who appeared on the BFI Who We Are talk being one). And have masterclass as well as some cool tutors. NFTS have an informal relationship with this school for a reason. So yeah, I decided I misjudged it and applied. I got it and now am a soon to be Met Film School MA Directing student. And I guess following my mantra, "everything happens for a reason". Hope everything's good here and congrats to those who have done their interviews, got in etc. and good luck to those who have been rejected. I know you'll figure things out and bounce back hard. G'day to you all and see you hopefully in the industry or just abouts near it.

:)
Excellent choice, congrats!
Best of luck with your new path.

Last edited:
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back