1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  2. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice

NFTS MA DIRECTING FICTION 2019 ENTRY

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by shish, May 16, 2018.

1. shish

shish New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I applied to this program but wanted to know if anyone had any info regarding the interview stage. I'm currently abroad, am I able to do it via Skype?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DONGREN

DONGREN New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I heard that some of the selected applicants would be invited to attend a week-long interview in the campus.

3. LauraGonzalez

LauraGonzalez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! I have an interview next Thursday and they offer me the option of doing it via Skype if I wanted

4. solsagey

solsagey New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey! For directing fiction specifically, already? Did you apply early or something? - I just got an email this past weekend saying my app was fully processed and it was going to be sent to the selection committee, and they'd be back with me by end of June about whether I get an interview or not.

And I'm abroad too - I think skype will be okay for most programs

5. LauraGonzalez

LauraGonzalez New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Hey! Don't worry, I have applied to the Production Managment Diploma Course and for the Producing MA.

They called me for the Diploma Course interview and I recieved the same email as you for the MA. Although, they had told me that the interview I'm having would be at the end of June as well, and it's not... so be aware!

6. solsagey

solsagey New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ohh okay, thanks-- and good luck with your diploma course interview!! (& the MA)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael McCallin

Michael McCallin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, best of luck with your applications. I too have applied for the Producing MA. I was sent an email a few months back saying that they’d be processing the applications from the application deadline and could take up to 4 weeks. With the 4 weeks mark being up tomorrow, I was wondering whether you’d had an email or phone call?
    It’s been a long month, checking my phone every 5 minutes haha

8. LauraGonzalez

LauraGonzalez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey! Great to know about someone who has also applied for MA Producing!

When I sent my application, they sent me an email too, it said that they'll notice to attend an interview (or not attend) for having it at the end of June.

I'm also checking my phone all the time and I was becoming worried haha Good to know they haven't done it yet. Let's see! Good luck!

9. Michael McCallin

Ratings:
    +0
    It’s a comfort to know I have another month to wait, still, it doesn’t help with the phone checking haha. Fingers crossed for us both :)

10. JenMarie

JenMarie New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had an interview for TV Entertainment last week, and the interview invitation email said I'd be told the outcome by the end of May. The end of May has come and gone and in the meantime I noticed the deadline for applying to the course has been changed to July 5th. I'm not sure if this is bad news or if they're not making any decisions until July? Is it bad form to ask for an update?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sagar Talegaonkar

Sagar Talegaonkar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have applied for the Directing Fiction program as well..
    Is anyone here outside the UK/EU?
    As I wanted to know what they have done to arrange the funding as I'm unable to find a good scholarship which will even cover half the tuition fee.
    Can anyone suggest something for the funding, as the oversees student fees is around £29000 for a year and that makes it £58000 for two years?
    Thanks

12. solsagey

solsagey New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I'm outside the UK/EU too. I think there's likely no one scholarship you or I would find to cover all of tuition, like you kinda said. My plan is to (if accepted) take out student loans and apply to many small scholarships that fit my situation and will hopefully together take a small chunk out of tuition, then live off of my savings and perhaps a little part-time work if I can manage it while studying... but who knows exactly. I know this isn't especially helpful, but I'm sure there are more of us out there in this situation, so I wanted to say hi. It is expensive. Good luck!

13. Michael McCallin

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still a bit concerned about my application.
    I applied as soon as the applications were open, and I had a receipt confirming my application, but that is all I received. I haven't had any other emails.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

14. TommyGunner

TommyGunner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I'm applying for next years application (rather than this year - have just graduated university). I went to the open day at NFTS this year though and absolutely loved it. It was fantastic. I was wholly convinced that this was the elite institution worth studying at. HOWEVER, having read reviews from alumni I've really been thrown off. Simply look at the 4 reviews on filmschool.org. Has anyone done extensive research and found these sort of reviews to be ungrounded? Or at least not the norm.

Thanks, regards and good luck to all those applying.

15. IFB

IFB New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, just wanted to jump in on this thread as it seems to be the only 2019 one.
    Have recently applied for production design and was wondering if there was anyone out there that had heard anything back yet other than the 'you'll know at the end of July' email? :)

In regards to nfts reviews, I've read some of the same but none of them are that surprising to me. It's kind of the vibe I was expecting from an expensive film school. You'll always have shit people wherever you go but it's whether you can use the experience to learn and go further in the field or if you think those negative aspects aren't worth the time and money which is a fair choice.