2016 Interviews- Acceptances- Rejections

Hey all,
I just got accepted into the Master's programme at London Film School! Wonder if there is anybody else who also got in? Send me a PM.
Super excited!

Hey all, sorry it's been a bit. Just had a question for anyone else on the USC waitlist with the promise of spring semester admission (or whoever might know). Anyone know when we should be hearing back about Spring details? I believe it was sometime in early August, just wanna know if we should be expecting anything sometime soon.

Hey all, sorry it's been a bit. Just had a question for anyone else on the USC waitlist with the promise of spring semester admission (or whoever might know). Anyone know when we should be hearing back about Spring details? I believe it was sometime in early August, just wanna know if we should be expecting anything sometime soon.

Yeah I even emailed them last month. They said we would hear anytime between now and Aug 19th.

Well LMU has never contacted me since I got my waitlist letter and they've never responded to my emails either. Pretty disappointing and can't say I'll be reapplying next year because of it.

Northwestern on the other hand sent me a very nice letter saying their program filled and that I wouldn't be getting in (their waitlist isn't formal, they just keep you on the hook longer than others haha) and saying to apply again next year. Which I likely will be doing.

I'm changing up my schools for 2017 a lot. I'm thankful nothing worked out this year because I stumbled into an amazing new job and I have a much clearer understanding of what I want out of a program and why.

Undergrad degree? It would be interesting to see what people studies prior to getting into Film School!

So far from the people who've updated the doc the previous degrees have been Literature, Engineering, and Sequential Art.

How about yours @Katrine ? I went to film undergrad and haven't gone to a graduate program although I did minor in French and studied abroad there for a year. It was a great introduction to films that you rarely see over here in the states for myself.

Hello people! Just wanted to update y'all (since most people in this forum were a part of my journey) that I've just completed my first month in New York & Columbia, and it's everything that I'd expected and so much more. :)

I just wanted to thank FilmSchool.org (+Chris) for being such a supportive community during the toughest times in application period. Will be posting some reviews and commenting some more in the coming few months, will try to give back to the community in my teeny tiny ways.

Cheers.

Hi guys.

Got officially admitted to Chapman's Directing MFA. Don't expect anyone else to be notified this soon though. I was actually admitted last year but had to defer my enrollment to this one.

Anyway, look forward to meet all my future classmates and colleagues at Chapman and other schools, and wish everybody good luck. I'm actually a Chapman alumnus, albeit from a different major (animation and vfx). If anyone has any questions about Chapman's program or what the interview was like, I'd be more than happy to help.

Hi!
I got an interview invitation for editing mfa program. Do u have any insights about the interview? Such as how important it is(how will it affect the admission decision)? And, what the admissions office most valuing in the invitation?

Thanks

Hi!
I got an interview invitation for editing mfa program. Do u have any insights about the interview? Such as how important it is(how will it affect the admission decision)? And, what the admissions office most valuing in the invitation?

Thanks
You could try posting in the current 2017 version of this thread also. This one is from last year.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back