1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

Columbia University - MFA - Fall 2018

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Patrick Clement, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Paralylex

Paralylex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just applied on Thursday. Spent last several months working on my application. I'm ridiculously nervous. Anyone else do so? How ya feeling? Anyone interested in sharing work?

For people who applied last year, how did you deal with nerves? I'm trying the whole, "KEEP WORKING!" thing to get my mind off it, but I'm crazily anxious. The future feels very indefinite.

Let me know!

2. Alok N R

Alok N R New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very Kind of you to share thanks :)

3. Alok N R

Alok N R New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, If it helps, I missed out on the deadline by a few minutes thanks to a bad internet connection. But who am I kidding . Should have started sooner. At least you sent it in on time man :) . I ve applied to NYU and USC though. And I totally understand the nerves part. Future looks so indefinite here as well. But atleast we are orienting ourselves toward the right direction. Hope you make it man ! All the best !

4. Paralylex

Paralylex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! Same to you! What was the application process like for NYU and USC? What program did you apply for, writing/directing? Also, want to share films?

I'm sorry you missed the deadline, that sucks. I was terrified I would as one of my letters didn't come in until a few hours before (literally had to track down the teacher in Chicago to remind him constantly).

5. dramahereandthere

dramahereandthere New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey--

This is one of the films I've submitted --

Would love to see yours!

6. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Reminds me a bit of Secret Window. Cool story.

7. Paralylex

Paralylex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "Quid pro quo's my principle," funny as hell line. Solid work! Especially liked 'Frank's initial reveal.

Password: Columbia

This is my visual submission. Would love to hear what ya think. Really nervous.

8. ash_ketchum

ash_ketchum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I applied last year and got an interview and didn't get in...I was sad about it but that's life. Hoping I get in this time. Honesty, I have no advice on how to get it off your mind...it's a very important step for your future. Just think positive.

9. ash_ketchum

ash_ketchum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question, so if you don't get an interview then you're def not getting in?

10. dramahereandthere

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks^^

11. dramahereandthere

Ratings:
    +0

Hey! This is awesome. Loved it -- the language is so poetic yet the story so relatable. Congratulations on the great job you've done! Fingers crossed for all of us!

12. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +57
    I sent this in last year and got waitlisted. Had to use the in camera mic...but oh well. shit happens, right?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andre

Andre New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any international student applied for the MFA?

I sent my application on Thursday and they didn't check my english proeficiency yet. It still "Awaiting" in the status.

Anyone in the same situation?

thnks!

14. dramahereandthere

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here!