USC MFA 2018 Spring Applications.

I applied as well. I'm pretty sure they viewed my portfolio as Vimeo tells me "the source" aka a view from slide room.
They viewed it on Oct 7th (Not from California actually).
I didn't get an interview which is concerning.
Didn't hear anything yet. Good luck everyone.

Thank you for sharing it!!

Recently I got a view at my vimeo which told me the source from slide room as well. However vimeo showed that person watched 0% percent of my film hahaha.

I guess I will never figure out what happened haha.

Good luck everybody!!

Was accepted today as well. They emailed me at 1:30 am. It was kind of late so I found out this morning.
I was interviewed last weekend and since interviews are first come basis, I'm guessing I was in the first batch of applicants to be reviewed. And also considering USC sends their acceptance notices until December you guys definitely have a good chance.

The waiting game is definitely the most difficult part. But don't lose hope or beat your self up thinking about it too much. Just remember it's still an early part of the review process and your talents and personalities will reflect themselves in the material you've submitted.

Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats @sufianha and @LonelyBear !

I was accepted as well! Oh myyyyyyy, I am super excited to join you all in the Spring. As for those still waiting, you may be hearing something sooner than you expect. Remember it's not over until it's over and I'm still rooting for all of you! :)

I just got my letter and was accepted!! This was my fourth time applying to USC and extremely happy to hear the good news.

I got the letter late Sunday night, and I did not have an interview.

Congrats to all those who got in! How exciting! Will see you guys at USC in the spring!

Like @thegreatdebater said it ain't over til it's over so keep at it! The pressure is mounting but things will work themselves out, so sit tight!

Also @Aida, I am an international student.

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted!! This weekend I was filming a short and just nervously checked in here. You all reminded me to check the USC account and I was accepted on 10/14/2017.

This was my second time applying, and last year a lot of people in this online community reached out and gave me advice on how to improve my application. If you are not one of the accepted this year, many people through this program have been just there. If there is any advice I can possibly offer I'm happy to try.

Acceptance letter on 10/14/2017 and no interview.

Congrats!
I believe If anyone hasn't heard anything so far that means they are not accepted? :(

No not at all. When I looked at postings from previous semesters people get acceptance notices for spring as late as December.
I think this week is the first wave of acceptances and there will definitely be more acceptances to come. This will most likely happen in the next following weeks so hang in there!

Yes I believe that the notices come in waves, and that's how last term was when people were being admitted. Furthermore USC does not have an official wait list, but several people are usually offered admission to the next term. Most of my friends who applied in previous years were told they we guaranteed admittance for the next term (not the one they actually applied for), so for this case that would be Fall 2018; those notices come last as far as I know.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back