NFTS 2014

Received an email with my rejection this afternoon, sadly. So did my friend, around the same time. I guess they're finishing up their shortlist, so for all you waiting: I hope the waiting will be over by tomorrow and good luck :) If you're invited to an interview: go for it and proudly fill up my spot ;)

Hey Zara and others...I also had my interview for MA screenwriting on the 11th July...they said at the conclusion of the interview it would take 2 weeks to hear from them, however on the email I received confirming my interview, it stated that the decision would be made in the week commencing the 15th and we would be informed during that week...Oh god. Such paranoia. Has anyone heard anything back yet from the screenwriting interview process?

I had an interview for Screenwriting last week - has anyone heard back anything? The wait is killing me!o_O
Hey Zara and others...I also had my interview for MA screenwriting on the 11th July...they said at the conclusion of the interview it would take 2 weeks to hear from them, however on the email I received confirming my interview, it stated that the decision would be made in the week commencing the 15th and we would be informed during that week...Oh god. Such paranoia. Has anyone heard anything back yet from the screenwriting interview process?

Hi
Agreed - it does say w/c 15th in the email but I haven't heard anything. I think we should hear something next week...arrgh nervous!

Hi
Agreed - it does say w/c 15th in the email but I haven't heard anything. I think we should hear something next week...arrgh nervous!
Yup, yup, yup. Hanging in. Clenched sphincter. Ignoring urge to check email inbox. That's all there is right now.

;)
I was also rejected, oh well.

Got my rejection letter yesterday...their loss :rolleyes: also got interest in my black comedy feature script from a medium-sized established prod co...so ever onward & upward my fellow DF rejecters & best of luck to the DF-ers who were shortlisted. GROUP HUG, x

;)

Got my rejection letter yesterday...their loss :rolleyes: also got interest in my black comedy feature script from a medium-sized established prod co...so ever onward & upward my fellow DF rejecters & best of luck to the DF-ers who were shortlisted. GROUP HUG, x

Congrats on your script! Hope it goes well:) Did you receive the rejection by email or mail?

No one has the key.. But isn't it a bit odd to be sending letters these days??

Beyond bizarre - I'm meeting someone end July whom I kept my application secret from & will ask him a few questions - not many because I want to concentrate on getting his advice about my feature script - but it just goes to show that it doesn't matter who you know with the NFTS!

Yup, yup, yup. Hanging in. Clenched sphincter. Ignoring urge to check email inbox. That's all there is right now.

hear hear
Trying to control the urge to check my inbox every minute!

It's tantamount to torture. On the bright side, at least we don't have to go through a further stage of workshops like some of the other MA courses - I think that would tip me over the edge...

It's tantamount to torture. On the bright side, at least we don't have to go through a further stage of workshops like some of the other MA courses - I think that would tip me over the edge...
Surely is. Have been through something like this before, but this is somehow much worse. Are we getting advised via email or snail? Any ideas?

I thought there could be a workshop for Screenwriting? I read it on the course's website.
The invitation for the interview came via email, so I guess it will be email again?

Surely is. Have been through something like this before, but this is somehow much worse. Are we getting advised via email or snail? Any ideas?

As every other bit of communication has been by email so far, I would agree with Zara, and guess it would also be by email.

I thought there could be a workshop for Screenwriting? I read it on the course's website.
The invitation for the interview came via email, so I guess it will be email again?

Pretty sure there isn't a workshop for screenwriting, but I may be totally wrong, and if they are struggling to whittle down the numbers I guess they may want to have one so they can do a final sift that way.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back