NFTS 2014

As every other bit of communication has been by email so far, I would agree with Zara, and guess it would also be by email.

Pretty sure there isn't a workshop for screenwriting, but I may be totally wrong, and if they are struggling to whittle down the numbers I guess they may want to have one so they can do a final sift that way.
aarrrgghhh....I coulda sworn I was gonna hear something today...

every time I get an email I have a heart attack. how long can it possibly take to decide on these screenwriting places? this is torture

every time I get an email I have a heart attack. how long can it possibly take to decide on these screenwriting places? this is torture
Yeah...well, it seems between yourself, Zara, Larkan and I, that statistically 1 of us should get in...(apparently they interviewed about forty for ten odd places...) Cold comfort. Cold fucking comfort.

Yeah...well, it seems between yourself, Zara, Larkan and I, that statistically 1 of us should get in...(apparently they interviewed about forty for ten odd places...) Cold comfort. Cold fucking comfort.

At least we lot can share our suffering, pity the 36 who are alone in this sorry state.

OK - I just called the registry and they said that they haven't received the "list" yet but they are hoping to contact everyone by the end of this week......:eek:o_O

How do you feel your interviews went by the way? My initial thoughts were that it went really well (so maybe I should just cling to that). But ever since I've just been going over it non stop in my head thinking of all the great things I could have said but didn't. Makes this long wait twice as painful.

How do you feel your interviews went by the way? My initial thoughts were that it went really well (so maybe I should just cling to that). But ever since I've just been going over it non stop in my head thinking of all the great things I could have said but didn't. Makes this long wait twice as painful.
I was about to ask the same question!
I was a little nervous and came out thinking that it went well but like you, I too thought of things I could have said to make it better.

OK - I just called the registry and they said that they haven't received the "list" yet but they are hoping to contact everyone by the end of this week......:eek:o_O

Thanks v. much for finding that out Zara - does ease the pressure....a bit.

Ditto really, seemed ok - a few stumbles but I mostly felt like I said everything I wanted to say, if not as clearly and articulately as I might have done outside an interview situation! Have equally been questioning everything since though.

I was about to ask the same question!
I was a little nervous and came out thinking that it went well but like you, I too thought of things I could have said to make it better.

I was nervous but the writing task beforehand settled me down somewhat (which picture did you go with btw?). The interview was much more chilled out than I thought it would be, which was nice. I HOPE I came across as passionate and enthusiastic, I mean there were moments where I was practically acting out scenes from my scripts. I was more excitable than articulate at times which may be my downfall, it really depends what they're looking for?

I chose the kneeling man (black and white) - what about you?
How long did you take to tell the story (from the picture)?
I took about 5 minutes.

I chose the kneeling man (black and white) - what about you?
How long did you take to tell the story (from the picture)?
I took about 5 minutes.

I chose the b/w picture of the woman stood in the decadent lookin house with the two young boys sat just behind her. It took me about 15 minutes before I even settled on a picture. But yeah I can't really remember how long it took me to tell the story, probably about 5 minutes as well? We sort of crammed it in right at the end of the interview, honestly I thought they were going to forget to even ask me about it.

yeah same here - it was right at the very end!
Yeah, fuck, look to be honest, I don't even know anymore. I've played it out a billion times in my head, with wildly varying degrees of euphoria and self loathing depending on quite where I'm at on any particular minute of the last two weeks, I AM pretty certain that I have come to totally distrust my judgement on any of it . I know the writing exercise was pigeon-holed in the end of the interview, I know I managed to make them laugh several times throughout the 40 minutes, I know there seemed to be a sorta good cop/bad cop routine played out by the two external screenwriters (slightly intimidating Scottish (?) bear of a man, and lovely smiley woman... I know I had an interview...and I know I am fucking destroying myself waiting for the outcome.

PS. Thanks Zara having the courage to do what I (and maybe all the rest of us?) wanted to do and weren't brave enough...I've wrestled with the phone handset and my sanity for the last 24hours "call them, just fucking call them and ask you pussy.....But why?...What good will it do?...." Oh God. The voices. The voices.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back