NFTS 2014

A

Actually, I'd be willing to bet that if they were to favour anyone at all, they would favour foreign students. Why? Because they pay FAR more in tuition. It's the same for all universities, colleges, higher echelons of education, etc...

my country is in the EU so I pay the exact amount of money as UK citizens, but your theory applies, just not in my case tho

I'm from Romania. Yeah, I know, it's probably not the best time for a romanian student in the UK...

Do you know the comedian Stewart Lee?

Also, I'm not sure that they have a particular bias. I'm sure they select candidates based on their applications, Showreel and interview. They interviewed about 45 people and it must be very difficult for them to come to any kind of conclusions about who to pick, as presumably they really like all the people they interview. For only 8 places, it must be a very tough job. I don't envy them at all.

I never heard of Stewart Lee, but I'll check his shows.
And yes, you're right, if I thought I wouldn't stand a fair chance I wouldn't have applied for this... I'm still waiting for their reply (Digital Effects) but it seems they're overwhelmed with the number of applicants, it's been almost a month now since I applied and no sign yet (they even extended the deadline for Digital Effects... not sure if not enough applicants or they didn't like who applied until now).

He has a very sardonic and surreal sense of humour, but his latest show (which I managed to see live) talks about the absurd attitude people have about the UK and immigration.

Anyway, good luck! I hope you hear back from them soon.

They interviewed about 45 people

For DF I think Linda told me they were interviewing 30, but it varies from course to course. I think someone said for screenwriting it was 10/40? Other disciplines assess people more through workshops so they probably have more people to interview.

I'm also from the UK but I don't think it really makes any difference at all. A friend of mine said it was roughly half-half UK to overseas/EU. The London Film School is apparently mostly non-UK students.

Time to start the waiting game again. Anybody had any news or been on the phone to the registry lately?!

I spoke to Registry just now. They've still had no news (regarding DF). She said, "you should hear this week"...'Should' being the operative word.

I got the impression it was more like 40 they interviewed for DF, but that was just based on them interviewing 5 a day on one week plus six, four and three the following Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This is what the chap at reception said to me.

how long did you guys have to wait until they sent the email inviting you to the interview?
i got an email on the 15th that everything is ready for the selection panel, and that they'll let me know the results in a few weeks. how long is few weeks, 2, 6, 8?

Hi! I asked how many they were interviewing during my interview. They said around 30-32. I'm starting I fear that we won't hear anything this week :/ if it is as last year... But I hope we do.

Valejebudalo, what are you applying for? I got that same e-mail on the 11th, applying for Digital Effects... But the registration is still "last few places available", so I expect a long wait...

9 weeks... that's a long wait :( i don't mind waiting, but during these weeks my brain comes up with the worst possible scenarios (my invite got lost with the romanian postal office; i typed 2014 instead of 2015 on my application; my portfolio DVD isn't working and they ignore my application; etc)

I've just been keeping in regular contact with them. If you worry something might have gone wrong, it's probably best to ring them if you can, and double check.

Thanks for the advice, I will do that. I'm sure they got loads of work now, I'll give them a call when my patience runs out... This forum helped me a lot, seeing others are waiting even longer (two months, wow...)

To be fair, there was an issue with Registry misplacing my DVDs. It wasn't until very late that this was discovered to be an issue, so they hadn't actually watched my films until the very last minute.

They have already started sending out emails. I know of two people that have been accepted for DF, which really doesn't make me feel too optimistic about my place. I phoned up, but the lady said they couldn't give any information over the phone, its just the usual "you'll find out either this or next week".

I just called registry and asked when the list was coming. She said that they would be contacting all the applicants early next week. (I didn't say who I was) Russianblueuk do you personally know the people who got into DF? Thanks for writing here. :) helps a lot

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back