UCLA Production/Directing for Fall 2018

Zeno

Looks like we could use a thread about UCLA Production/Directing. Be interested to know if anyone has heard anything. Tracking sheets indicate no notifications yet which is unusual. Last year's interview emails went out on Feb. 8th. The university-wide admissions platform change in November could factor in the delay. Unless filmschool.org folks aren't the ones getting contacted, looks like we can still be optimistic. Cont'd luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Guys! Got an interview invite for the Production/Directing program from UCLA :). But I'm unable to select the slots from Acceptd website. Maybe I have to contact the admissions. Curious to know if anyone is facing the same issue.

The site's working now. Interview is scheduled on March 3rd. Goodluck to us :)

Cool! Did they send an email to u? When did u get it?
Yep. I got an email from 'Acceptd Messaging'. They'll ask you to login to that website to schedule your slots. I received their message today at 12pm PST.

Thanks man.Congrats again!!! It seems I could stop waiting now.
I'm guessing they've just started to send out invites. And their whole application procedure was a bit messy this time. So I would still wait :).

Got an interview request today. And watch out for the "Remove from Schedule" red button! I accidentally clicked on it and removed myself from the interview group....
Awkward.~..~

True. I almost clicked it. Freaked me out. FYI - If anyone wants to change their interview slot, click on "+" sign next to Available times. It should automatically put you in a new slot. Stay away from that red button!

Hey y’all please make sure you actually login to the acceptd website and check your status there because I never received an email notification that I was selected to interview. I even checked my spam and nothing was there either. Had it not been for a direct email from a kind person in student affairs letting me know that they were still waiting to hear from me before today’s deadline, I would’ve been screwed. So please double check! Gosh it really was a messy application process. Good luck all!

Last edited:
Hey y’all please make sure you actually login to the acceptd website and check your status there because I never received an email notification that I was selected to interview. I even checked my spam and nothing was there either. Had it not been for a direct email from a kind person in student affairs letting me know that they were still waiting to hear from me before today’s deadline, I would’ve been screwed. So please double check! Gosh it really was a messy application process. Good luck all!
Thanks for this update! It certainly was but looks like the school and department is rallying.

Just checked in with UCLA TFT admissions --

Due to the messy process this year, they're still contacting candidates for all programs. So, things are still in play across the board.

They said: committees in "all programs" are "still reviewing applications" and, so, are staggering contacting people. And, interestingly, "interviews will not always be required" for individuals to be accepted.

She added: even as we have contacted on limited dates last year, that will not be the case this year AND make sure you keep checking your Acceptd account as emails are going to junk mail.

Last edited:
Has anyone interviewed with UCLA yet? Any advice?

Anyone having their in-person interview on March 3rd?

I have to say I really like UCLA's model of interviewing. I could tell that the cared most about finding out who I am as a person, my views about the world and my creative influences. It felt relaxed. It says a lot about the program and the kinds of professors who shape it. I'd be thrilled to work with any of my interviewers.

Got a call from Mark Rosman just now. UCLA is sending out notifications!

At 9:10 pm EST I received a call from UCLA! ‍♀️

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back