LMU MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Holleration, Etc.)

icygee

#JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé
tenor.gif

In the spirit of last year's phone calls going on March 1st for LMU, I figured I'd establish the safe haven and anxiety riddled LMU-specific thread. Kick of your shoes, answer the poll, and make yourselves at home.

Where is my LMU phone call?!!! :O

Edit: I've never logged into PROWL until this evening. There's so much stuff there! :O

Last edited:
Nope, no contact over here.
I may email them next Monday or Tuesday if nothing...

Ok so here's the tea......
I called yesterday, unsure of who I spoke to, but it was literally the weirdest thing in the world. I was trying to see when we could expect decisions and she was giggling the whole time?
But whatever basically she told me that there's "no expected timeline" and "it happens when it happens." Ok work sis.

Ok so here's the tea......
I called yesterday, unsure of who I spoke to, but it was literally the weirdest thing in the world. I was trying to see when we could expect decisions and she was giggling the whole time?
But whatever basically she told me that there's "no expected timeline" and "it happens when it happens." Ok work sis.
Teehee hee well I love "it happens when it happens" oh hehe that is excellent :/

If we don't hear anything by the end of this week
C1a5PBBXcAAG5pV.jpg

Just got the phone call!!

giphy.gif

Just got the call, too! Woo! Any idea when we might hear about scholarship info?
I think last year's thread said financial aid stuff came w/ the mailed packet

Congrats guys! I got the call as well.

She said they'll send a physical acceptance and email.

Congrats guys! I got the call as well.

She said they'll send a physical acceptance and email.
You are LITERALLY a superhuman omg

You are LITERALLY a superhuman omg
Omg no definitely not true!!! Not a superhuman at all!

Congrats on the acceptance though! We're going to grad school!!!

Anyone have a gage on what the baseline tuition is? It's looking like it's around 20k per year, but I'm wondering if my calculations are off? I can't seem to find any set number.

Anyone have a gage on what the baseline tuition is? It's looking like it's around 20k per year, but I'm wondering if my calculations are off? I can't seem to find any set number.
Based on the numbers I've found for this year it's $1,162 per credit and at 51 credits to graduate that's about 60k thus I think your calculations look right. Hopefully they let that financial aid fly like its a damn strip club.

Wow, @Kira, did you get into every grad school you applied to? That's insane---you must have had one hell of an application!

Hahah I am just as surprised as you are! I am very, very lucky.
I sent a couple of shorts and had a spec script for Hannibal.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back