1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

NYU MFA Grad Film 2018 Applicants

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Dean, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Nadin

Nadin New Member

Ratings:
    +5
  2. gotenda

gotenda New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I’ll be doing my interview over Skype!

How about you?

3. Nadin

Nadin New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    i am having my interview in march 5th either in person or via Skype, depends on my visa ( i have visa interview next week)

• Congratulations! Congratulations! x 1
  4. notarobot

notarobot New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    does s.o. know if they send out rejection emails or if you will just know by not getting an interview invite?

5. Ariel36

Ariel36 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey All, I'm so happy I found this thread! I've been a bit unnerved about my MFA application. I received my notification to be interviewed from Ms. Carnival on February 8th. At first I was nervous because I assumed that I did something wrong on my application. I kept thinking, did I really have that many typos??...lol! But when I spoke with Ms. Carnival I realized that this was part of the process and that I made it to the next level (thank God:) - But truth is it's still not over. I have to be on my A+++ game for that interview and impress these individuals who hold my future in their hands.
    Congrats to all who have been invited for an interview and good luck to everyone who is still awaiting to hear news from Tisch! I'll say some prayers for you guys (and for myself :)!!

• Congratulations! Congratulations! x 1
  6. Tsheff

Tsheff New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    They emailed me--and I'm just applying to MFA

7. Ariel36

Ariel36 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Tsheff, thank you. Same to you :) They emailed me. And after I received the email, I called Susan Carnival right away. I applied to the MFA program.

8. Tsheff

Tsheff New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    excellent! I was hoping to combine my NYU interview and my Columbia interview into the same week, but it looks like I'm going to have to make 2 trips to NYC for the interviews.

9. Ariel36

Ariel36 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh that's great! The best of luck with both interviews :)!. I'm already a grad student at NYU in a different program, so I just decided to get a second masters there, sense it's one of the best film schools the in the US. For some reason, I'm not really that worried about it. Hopefully I'll get in. If it's meant to be, it will be :)!

10. Frankie Bones

Frankie Bones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On an unrelated note, and apologies if this is a dumb question, but in this thread and others, I saw references to people being able to monitor whether or not someone from the admissions office is viewing their videos.... I assume that's available only if you uploaded your video via Vimeo (which clearly has the "stats" feature for paid users).... On the other hand, if you uploaded directly into Slideroom (without using a Vimeo link) -- which was the alternate way of doing it, at least if your clip wasn't too long -- then, there's nothing like the "viewing" stats feature that Vimeo has, is there? Is there a way for an applicant who loaded directly onto Slideroom to be able to tell if someone is viewing the material? .... Note to self: perhaps one reason in the future to choose the Vimeo option to upload, which I didn't happen to do this time, At any rate, can anyone answer that for me, please?

thanks!

11. Eva

Eva New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you upgrade your vimeo account you will be able to see from which plateform someone watches your video. If someone from NYU watched it, you will be able to see that they reviewed it from Slideroom.

12. Frankie Bones

Frankie Bones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Eva. But what if you didn't use Vimeo to upload your video? For NYU, if the video duration is less than 10 mins and meets certain file size requirements, it can be uploaded directly onto Slideroom, I believe.... In other words, I never provided a Vimeo link for purposes of my video submission in my application... I just put it directly into Slideroom. Thanks!

13. snoopdog

snoopdog Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Frankie, I did the same thing as you. I uploaded my video submission directly onto Slideroom. Therefore, I am not able to see any views. I also talked to Susan Carnival about this and she confirmed with me that there is no way to see the views on your video submission if you did not use an external link (like Vimeo or youtube). Unfortunately...

14. Jonda

Jonda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi does anyone know if you have to be selected for an interview to be accepted to the program? havent received an email for one so I’m just wondering if this is a bad sign.

15. notarobot

notarobot New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    yes, you do.
    I have not received anything either and I do think it's a bad sign. Sorry about that. (But actually I have no fact basis for these assumptions )

16. notarobot

notarobot New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Okay. I might have some factual basis now: in this google doc are the dates of the interview notifications from last year (scroll to NYU): Graduate Film School Applications 2017
    Apparently last year people got interview notifications until february 10th and waitlisted people got interview notifications from end of february until beginning of march. people got their declinations all over march via an email saying they should check their application status with the applyyourself site

#56 notarobot, Feb 18, 2018 at 4:36 PM
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM
  17. Frankie Bones

Frankie Bones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Snoop. This is the confirmation I was looking for.

18. Jonda

Jonda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. I might have some factual basis now: in this google doc are the dates of the interview notifications from last year (scroll to NYU): Graduate Film School Applications 2017
    Apparently last year people got interview notifications until february 10th and waitlisted people got interview notifications from end of february until beginning of march. people got their declinations all over march via an email saying they should check their application status with the applyyourself site[/QUOTE]
    th

19. Jonda

Jonda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I’m on my phone and this thing is not very user friendly lol but thank you so much for looking into this! I really appreciate the feedback.. hopefully some good news comes out way very soon!
    th[/QUOTE]

20. kristinmk93

kristinmk93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone in this thread applying for the Dual MFA/MBA for the producing program? I just got notification Stern was reviewing their portion of the application today and have heard nothing about interviews. Already had an interview with another university and very in the dark on this admissions process in particular.