NYU MFA Grad Film 2018 Applicants

Dean

Supporter+
I'm amazed to see that there is no thread for NYU Grad Film this year. So I decided to become to the first to do so. I'm anxiously keeping an eye on my Vimeo view reports. And I'd like to propose the purpose of this thread as a place to share every fellow NYU applicants received direct and indirect feedbacks from the admission, such as emails, calls or Vimeo Slideroom views. So far I got 1 view last year and two views on 1/31. I think I'm getting sickkkk.

I was looking for this thread! Thank you for making one! Will definitely be helpful as interview invitations should be around the corner!
This is my first year applying to NYU, though second round applying to film school.
Is this your first year applying at NYU? Did you apply to any other schools?

I was looking for this thread! Thank you for making one! Will definitely be helpful as interview invitations should be around the corner!
This is my first year applying to NYU, though second round applying to film school.
Is this your first year applying at NYU? Did you apply to any other schools?
Finally some acknowledgement from another fellow NYU applicant. It's so weird that the number of active NYU applicants in this forum for this year dramatically dropped comparing to last year, to the point that there is only you responding to my call. LOL Thanks man.
Yes is this my first year applying to NYU and it's the only school I had the energy/time to apply to. From past application tracking post, I think most applicants get their decisions around 2/10. Im also curious to know how many slideroom views you got from your video submission, if you don't mind me asking.

Second round NYU applicant here. Been trying to spend the waiting period occupying my time with other things, hence my silence. You're right, last year majority of the interview notifications went out on the 10th. I expect more applicants to come out of the woodwork around, and after that date.

Finally some acknowledgement from another fellow NYU applicant. It's so weird that the number of active NYU applicants in this forum for this year dramatically dropped comparing to last year, to the point that there is only you responding to my call. LOL Thanks man.
Yes is this my first year applying to NYU and it's the only school I had the energy/time to apply to. From past application tracking post, I think most applicants get their decisions around 2/10. Im also curious to know how many slideroom views you got from your video submission, if you don't mind me asking.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I see the views I got on Slideroom? I will for sure share it with you, no problem at all. I just can't find it, haha.

hi guys,

Thanks Dean! For making that thread. (saved me from doing it myself. i hardly earned the rights to respond in this thread just right now )
I'm also anxiously waiting. Glad you guys are too ;) I asked Susan Carnival from the directory when interview invites would be sent out.(probably a very annoying question, to which she might or might not answer but I just wanted to do something (useless) about the waiting )February 10th would be sooner than I expected... Well I'm an international, so it might be a different date for me.

Anyhow, hang in there. Looking forward to any news (of course I will also share!)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I see the views I got on Slideroom? I will for sure share it with you, no problem at all. I just can't find it, haha.
I think its a feature for paid users. So if you are a plus user or above, go to "My Videos" in your account page and on the right hand side you should see a mini excel form called "my stats dashboard". Click that, that it gives your a comprehensive break-down of where and when your video is viewed. The last option is by URL source, which should show some Slideroom views.
I think even if you aren't a paid user, if you exclusively uploaded your video for the admission, you can still kinda guess that the views you have got are from NYU

What I am sure is that our materials are actively being reviewed through multiple rounds right now, hence the separated Vimeo views

What I am sure is that our materials are actively being reviewed through multiple rounds right now, hence the separated Vimeo views
Hi, do you know if all the views are through Silderoom? I got views from slideroom before but now I'm just getting views without knowing where it came from.

Hi, do you know if all the views are through Silderoom? I got views from slideroom before but now I'm just getting views without knowing where it came from.
I think most likely they should come from Slideroom. When I got one view from Slideroom, I contacted Susan Carnival, the director and she confirm with me that it was made by of member of the admission team.

How's everyone's average time viewed? I'm concerned cause mine average viewing time is 70% of the video length.

How's everyone's average time viewed? I'm concerned cause mine average viewing time is 70% of the video length.
I don’t think I have that in Vimeo plus, but maybe only they skipped the credits? Don’t over analyze ;)

Thank you for starting this thread! Anybody heard back about interviews yet?
I see one person in the google tracking sheet indicates that he or she already got an interview call

2 people indicate that now. Seems to have started yesterday.

Anyone know if interviews are compulsory for international students. Could they skip that and go straight to the decision?

That's me! I got an interview request at around 3pm yesterday. I live in New Orleans so I'm interviewing on March 2nd!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back