NFTS 2014

Spoke to a dept head friend (not DF) who said each dept has a unique method of sifting through apps, in case useful, & he didn't know what DF's method was...

Phil and/or Fromez. I'd love to have a skype chat (text, doesn't have to be voice) with one of you two to know what I can do better for next year. I kinda wish I just landed an interview to at least get a feel of the place and get some personal feedback. Would really appreciate any help. Send me a PM if you can :)

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard or is waiting for an interview. Hope it works out.

Also to the people wondering about post or e-mail. I got both (rub it in why don't they :p )

I'm guessing that all is quiet for everyone else waiting for DR like me! Just checking, I'm guessing a lot of us are getting sick of this game! Damn! :eek:

I'm guessing that all is quiet for everyone else waiting for DR like me! Just checking, I'm guessing a lot of us are getting sick of this game! Damn! :eek:

I've kinda stopped waiting for email/post - it'll come or it won't. If however, I've heard nothing by Fri 26th July = 2.5 months since my app, I'm calling for feedback & promise to share accordingly.

Ahoy hoy lads and ladies,

I rang the registry today and spoke to them. I was told that some people have been notified however they are still compiling the final list and that it should be finished by end of play Wednesday. So you know chill the fuck out :p...

They didn't say the last bit however I feel it was inferred...

Love
AL

Zara, last year I had my interview for DF the 12th of July, and received my rejection the 26th. Just hang in there a little longer!

Today should be the day my DF-friends. Let's hope tonight we can finally all chill the fuck out and book that flight. ;)

Hi guys. Just got my letter through the post. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. Bummer :(

:( I'm sorry for you PJ! Don't let it get to you. Keep it up and really try again next year, slow and steady wins the race.​

Keep at it PJ! It's the only answer.

Might be saying that to myself in 24 hours. If these guys ever finish the selection process.

Just called the registry. They've now said that they should have informed everyone by the end of the week! I asked when the interview period ends and she said that some were happening now and some would be happening 'later'. She seemed a little stressed and unsure. I feel for them, but it is getting a little crazy!

I had my interview last friday for the cinematography MA. I'm now waiting for an answer. Anyone else also waiting to know if will be called or not for the final selection workshop of this course?

Hi Gabriel,

good luck regarding hearing back re your cinematography interview!

could i ask you -
do you have any insights into what they are looking for from your interview?
and what kind of pieces did you apply with on your showreel?

many thanks,
Kieran

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back