No word over here still as well. I’m expecting maybe Monday now. Since we’re dealing in false hope a little, after having skimmed the past few years of this application’s page, taking longer to respond than they stated seems to be a common trend. I was looking at the past years and there’s plenty of people who go from saying they haven’t heard back to hearing something past the first of March. Sorry if my glass half full perspective is irksome to anybody but it’s what got me through this past month of waiting. I’m hoping we all have some good news on the horizon very soon!

Hey everyone! So I've joined the private forums on here for accepted applicants, and joined the UCLA private club (that's how everyone gets the button badge on their profile, if they request to be added to the club as an accepted applicant). I'm going to make a thread there for all accepted applicants so we can chat and connect, it would be great if y'all could join if you've been accepted - even if you're not sure if you're going to commit yet!

You can find info on how to join the club here HOT TO: Join Private Film School Clubs, get Film School Badges, & access Private School Forums and can join it here (just search the results for UCLA on the last page): Student Clubs

Also, is anyone else going to the Zoom tomorrow night? It's 1am for me over here in the UK but I'm still going to go (with a lot of coffee!) Hope to see y'all there :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that it's now much easier to log multiple applications to the site as you can now COPY a previously logged application. :)

If you haven't logged your applications yet please do. Hopefully, now it won't be as much of a chore It's a HUGE help to people. :)

Update from my side: No word either way still. Yesterday I emailed the UCLA school of TFT requesting an update on the status of admissions. They responded today and told me I can expect a decision approximately mid April. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but hopefully they’re overestimating on their timeline because they’re already behind on their original statements. Stay strong everyone.

Anybody else have an update to share?

Update from my side: No word either way still. Yesterday I emailed the UCLA school of TFT requesting an update on the status of admissions. They responded today and told me I can expect a decision approximately mid April. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but hopefully they’re overestimating on their timeline because they’re already behind on their original statements. Stay strong everyone.

I'm in the same boat as you I believe where I did not get any response post interview. I haven't had the guts to follow up but probably will today. Very aggravating. Speaks poorly for the program. It was also the worst interview I did. But I would still like to get in and consider them. Bummer. I'll probably be a done deal elsewhere by mid-april.

This process has been really awful.

That is really frustrating! I do wonder though - of any of the people accepted, are any in-state/CA residents? Or for the people who haven't heard anything - are you CA residents? I am a CA resident, and just based off of rumblings, I think that can be a factor in UCLA's slow rollout of decisions considering its UC status. To be fair, it also wasn't my strongest of applications, but I want to hold out hope!

As of now, I'm just kinda considering myself informally waitlisted, especially because the mid-April date sounds like they are waiting to send out any rejections or further acceptances until they have heard back from students who they've already sent acceptances to.

That is really frustrating! I do wonder though - of any of the people accepted, are any in-state/CA residents? Or for the people who haven't heard anything - are you CA residents? I am a CA resident, and just based off of rumblings, I think that can be a factor in UCLA's slow rollout of decisions considering its UC status. To be fair, it also wasn't my strongest of applications, but I want to hold out hope!

As of now, I'm just kinda considering myself informally waitlisted, especially because the mid-April date sounds like they are waiting to send out any rejections or further acceptances until they have heard back from students who they've already sent acceptances to.
I’m a CA resident as well!

I've applied to the Directing program and have yet to hear back. Anyone from directing hear yet? I've tried reach out to UCLA as well, but it's been radio silence. Anyone have a good contact to reach out to as well?

I've applied to the Directing program and have yet to hear back. Anyone from directing hear yet? I've tried reach out to UCLA as well, but it's been radio silence. Anyone have a good contact to reach out to as well?
I got my admissions update by contacting UCLA's school of TFT directly. Email is info@tft.ucla.edu. Make sure to include your name and application reference number you can find in your application portal. That's who told me I'll hear back by mid-April. Their response went to my spam folder but I'm sure you've already been keeping an eye out there. I hope they get back to you.

Hey everyone! So I've joined the private forums on here for accepted applicants, and joined the UCLA private club (that's how everyone gets the button badge on their profile, if they request to be added to the club as an accepted applicant). I'm going to make a thread there for all accepted applicants so we can chat and connect, it would be great if y'all could join if you've been accepted - even if you're not sure if you're going to commit yet!

You can find info on how to join the club here HOT TO: Join Private Film School Clubs, get Film School Badges, & access Private School Forums and can join it here (just search the results for UCLA on the last page): Student Clubs
In the private club of UCLA MFA admitted candidates, are there people admitted to the UCLA Production/Directing MFA? Does anyone know if people have already started hearing back for this specific program?

Hi everyone! For those of you who have been admitted and have accepted your place, how much was the deposit to secure your position in the program? Thanks in advance!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back